New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could anyone please advice if there is any spot by falls where I could fish from the shore? I do not own any boat... I also appreciate if you could provide some tips regarding baits for stripe bass... I am new in business as you can already tell

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Fish in dream, if you look through the reversing falls posts most of the spots in the area are covered, but i'll give you thje short vertion. on the west side, there is easy access to the falls view shuttle dock and the large cove beside it. a bit of a gear eater, use dispossable (cheap/swim baits) for most casts down stream, up stream isn't quite as nasty (lots of logs!) there is another spot on the west side, but it's a 20-45 minute walk depending on who's doing the walking.
on the east side of the bridge there are a number of spots in the general "falls" area, including the base of the new zip line (just down from the jet boat dock), "the beach/m&g" this is a little tiny rock beach just above the falls (best on the incoming tide - careful, the locals have been fishing there for generations and have no sence of ha-ha about you standing on THEIR rock - seriously!). behind and below the douglas st. muscium (you are in the right spot if you are on a 10' or so little cliff above the water - land the fish just to your left, quite shallow, mostly around high tide). rowan island off of kennedy st. and the little pt beside it (normally you can walk the causeway to the island but the water is too high - fish floating cranks across the pt instead ...or bring your swim trunks! lol). the sea wall off of bridge st (bigger spot, lots of room - try for them hidding near the tugs and the opposite end where there is a point). "the point" off the corner of bridge and poikiok ( fish strait out or up stream, you will lose almost everything you cast down stream).

those are the main spots closest to the falls besides the falls itself by boat.
lucky landings!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts