New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd love to surprise my husband with some ice fishing for his birthday this year. I would need someone to get us set up, provide equipment and perhaps some instruction (the boys are avid fishermen but I'm not sure about on the frozen stuff). A 4-5 man shack with heat would be fantastic, but I could consider other options as well.

We live in Saint John and can travel anywhere within an hour or so. I would like to do this sometime between March 5th and 11th.

If you've got some free time in early March and would like to make some extra money sharing something you love, please send me an e-mail asap.

Thanks!
Janelle ([email protected])

·
Streamside Pro Staff ><(((*>
2,366 Posts
If our shack was just mine, I'd gladly rent it to you. However, we're 12 of us in on it, so the likelyhood that none of us would be using it then is slim to none.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
i would have to expand mine for 4-5 fishers, but i`m looking at it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Flyakfisher!

ipop: How many can you fit in your shack? I was throwing out 4-5 but it could be 3-4 as well if that makes a difference for you...

Also, the dates are more flexible too (ie, after the 11th is ok as long as ice conditions are good).

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
the dates are fine for me, it`s just that possible forth person, so i may as look at expanding. i will send an email monday. i also have a 2 man portable that`s great for fish for other than smelt or if they just want to try a different spot for a bit.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I'd love to surprise my husband with some ice fishing for his birthday this year. I would need someone to get us set up, provide equipment and perhaps some instruction (the boys are avid fishermen but I'm not sure about on the frozen stuff). A 4-5 man shack with heat would be fantastic, but I could consider other options as well.

We live in Saint John and can travel anywhere within an hour or so. I would like to do this sometime between March 5th and 11th.

If you've got some free time in early March and would like to make some extra money sharing something you love, please send me an e-mail asap.

Thanks!
Janelle ([email protected])
Hi Janelle , This is just my opinion, I may be wrong, but you may want to reconsider your date. I know a lot of people with larger shacks are starting to talk about removing them soon.. Weather as been fairly mild recently. I know my shack wont see ice in march at all, but mine requires my truck being able to go on the ice as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A2F: Thanks for your input. Funny, I was just thinking about that today as we enjoyed the warm sun. I suppose it all depends on whether the temperatures stay on the lower side. Fingers crossed for some chill!

IPOP: What do you think about the ice conditions?

·
Registered
6 Posts
IPOP: From looking through this site, I know that many people are closing up shop soon due to the milder weather. If the temperatures permit, I am trying to organize a three-man fishing party for March 3rd, a saturday. Can you e-mail me this week to let me know if this will work for you and what you are thinking for cost?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
i`ve been finding the ice conditions surprisingly good this year, even though it froze up late.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
well, my last comment now turns out to need a major change. fresh water ice conditions have been surprisingly good. as for tidal waters.....the river is breaking up! it is now open to millidgeville just at the islands. it looks like mother nature and global warming have combined to bring spring break up even earlier than a2f predicted.

Janelle, i`m afraid smelt fishing in Saint John itself isn`t going to happen for your dates, maybe a2f knows some one further up river that can help you out or perhaps they might want to try lake fishing. it`s sort of a balancing act for lakes, the close ones to sj all require the provincial ice fishing license, while about 2 hrs away the best lakes do not require a license. the lakes nearbye would be for trout or pickerel, while the furtther away ones would be for pickerel and yellow perch mainly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
IPOP: that's too bad, but I understand. Maybe I'll try again next year a bit earlier. Thanks again for your help!!

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
check with us next week and maybe we will still be able to get them out somewhere. i didn't even need heat fishing last night.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts