New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
We are now less than 2 weeks out from the NWTF banquet in Saint John on Saturday 21 April and tickets are selling pretty fast. We are now up to 11 guns and a crossbow. With the 11th gun being a Savage Axis Bolt Action in 22-250 or .223 caliber. I doubt that there is any outdoor related banquet in Atlantic Canada with as many prizes and certainly not one with as many guns as we have. If you are planning to attend I would call now for your ticket because by this time next week there may not be any left. Oh did I mention that there was going to be a BRP Commander UTV with the keys in a special vault, if you can guess the combination to the vault then you win the BRP Commander. The meal will be a buffet style where you can go back as many times as you wish. If your wondering when we are getting wild turkeys released in NB, well the Minister of Natural Resources will be there so here's your chance to ask him yourself.

Bill Gass
Home: 506-357-6931
Cell: 506-442-0789

·
Registered
227 Posts
Sorry for being so under knowledged but what does it stand for and what do you do at this event ?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Serious Fisher

NWTF stands for the National Wild Turkey Federation and our mission statement is "Conservation of the wold turkey and the preservation of our hunting heritage". The HQ is in Edgefield, South Carolina and we have two chapters in NB, Sussex and Saint John. Currently maine has over 60 000 wild turkeys and they are starting to cross in to NB on their own. The chapters in NB are working very hard to convince the government that a trap and transfer program should be initiated to populate south NB with WT's. Back in 2005 the WT hunt was worth 15 million to Maine. We are not asking for any funding from the province as NWTF will back us for the T+T pgm. Our Banquet on 21 April will be simaler to a Duck Unlimited dinner but we will have 11 guns and a crossbow to be won as prizes. If you look at this thread you will see what else we have.

Cheers
Bill G.

http://newbrunswickhunting.com/forums/index.php?/topic/3406-2012-saint-john-nwtf-banquet-auction-prizes/

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tickets are selling fast so I wouldn't wait until the last minute we have a max number of 250 tickets and we are well over 200. You can call and purchase your ticket right over the phone.

Bill Gass
506-357-6931
506-442-0789

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gents

There are still a few tickets left for the 2012 NWTF saint John Banquet. If you want to see wild turkeys in NB we need you to come out and support our cause. If the politicians at the banquet see that the banquet hall is full of excited potiential turkey hunters (AKA people that will buy a turkey license and spend alot of money in NB on their new sport) then they will be alot more inclined to vote in favor of it. We are at a critical point whereby the Enviromental Impact Assessment has been submitted and is working its way through the TRC process. We need as many folks as we can at this event as I am told that the minsiter of natural resources will be in attendance. Why not come out for a great evening and take full advantage of this opportunity to let people know where you stand on this issue.

Bill Gass
Home: 506-357-6931
Cell: 506-442-0789
PS - you can call and pay by credit card right over the phone is you wish.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts