New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow fishermen,

I need a number of leeches. Can anybody point me in the right direction? I know it is kind of late in the year for this type of thing. I was hoping that some one might have been selling them for live bait.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
maybe try the gulp leeches at canadian tire. other than that, my only idea is to try wading bare foot and bare legged in the hammond...that shold get you some leeches, it did it for me....!!!lol!!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Hello fellow fishermen,

I need a number of leeches. Can anybody point me in the right direction? I know it is kind of late in the year for this type of thing. I was hoping that some one might have been selling them for live bait.
What are you fishing for with leeches this time of year? I can't think of any fish in the river that wouldn't take nightcrawlers as readily or even more than a leech this time of year.

If you want leeches, go to a lake shore and lift up some rocks, you should find lots, especially the big ones.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'd try a leech trap. Coffe tin with lots of holes, chunck of meat inside and a rock to weight it down. Or heard a out people
Using a head of lettuce or cabbage. No joke. It's the iron in it or something. Either way I'd try that in various places. Muddy gross lakes and ponds to start. There's a little pond behind the bigstop its pretty mucky. I'd try that

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
it`s just as hard to find crawlers this time of year lol!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts