New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the opportunity to drive to Labrador and fish going up and coming back.

Anyone done this before, or know of any spots along the way?
I don't need a guide if I stay within 800 m of a highway.

Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
I believe a member going out of Province can and should get info on fishing other destinations so....I have travelled the Trans Labrador Highway a number of times to fish in Labrador. It is quite a trip, the last driving frontier. I have fished a few streams that cross the road with success but be aware you are travelling thru two provinces and the need for two lisences and different rules and regs apply. There is an Auto Glass at both ends and take jerrycans of gas and an additional spare. It is an adventure with little service and miles of dirt road so travel safe! Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
i agree with Perry, it`s quite a trip with lots of fishing along the way and a few basics you need for such a road trip. i just did the Quebec half of the trip, up the Labradour hwy. there are surprisingly few streams along the first half, with just a few crossing and touched along the way, with some very good brookie fishing. after that you get into more water and lots of it. Manic V is a big chunk of water with a lot of species and some big fish. this is a huge water, so pick out a few coves and bays to try along the way. you will be stopping for gas there, so you may as well fish it. after that you get into some big rivers, more tundra like conditions and then you hit Labradour.

it should be a great trip with places to have some fun fishing!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts