New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How is the water level at kennebecasis, anyone went fishing yesterday.. good or bad?

·
Registered
24 Posts
The water level in the Kennebecasis is low for this time of year, we haven't had a lot of rain this Spring and not a lot of snow run off. I was out yesterday, above Hampton, there were a couple guys fishing from a boat that had a few trout, I was fishing from shore and didn't catch anything.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Sussex area - Water is low for this time of year and clear. Temps are cool. Not much shade from bankside tree cover or high grass yet. I expect you will find fish to be pretty easily spooked. Rain in the forecast for next week. I would guess that good fishing is still a couple of weeks away. Hope we get consistent rain this Summer.

·
Streamside Pro Staff ><(((*>
2,366 Posts
There were a bunch of people fishing Bloomfield bridge yesterday evening, but not a whole lot of fish being caught. I managed to get an 8"-er and that was it.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
water was higher in the lower kennebicasis by about mid week, and the hammond went up a little too. i had to launch about 60 feet from where i launched in the tidal section the week before, which was about 2-2.5` higher than it was. this rain should help too. the smaller streams are low low low.

fishing has been good for the first week.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
(May 20) I went fly fishing yesterday afternoon from 3-7 and I was quite surprised to see all those actives fish in this hot sunny day in the middle of the afternoon.... the funny thing is I thought around 6-7 it would be even better but no, it was not. The best time was around 4pm till 5pm ... alot of them were jumping for the flies... anyhow I finished the day with 7 trouts (2 near 12 inches, 4 between 8-10 inches and I finished the day with an extra small of 5-6 inch)... All of them are still swimming (C&R) ... I've spoken with a few guys on my way to the truck and nobody seems to have any luck with worms, 2 guys started fly fishing went I was leaving thought... maybe I was lucky and fishing at the good place at the good time ... it was a good day for me

·
Registered
182 Posts
I was alson there around 4 fishing the C&R section. I threw almost every fly at them. There was a hatch and the fish were very fussy, I did not have anything to match so I ended up leaving at 5:30. Lots and lots of fish.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was not fishing in the C&R section though, but I did release all of them...
... I used 2 different variation of may flies and also something call renegade

·
Registered
184 Posts
I am seeing a big (size 12-ish) mayfly, dark body, on the last 2 nights. Water level is now back down to what I consider decent for fishing (wading). Lots of gaspereau today down in the Norton area.

·
Registered
53 Posts
(May 20) I went fly fishing yesterday afternoon from 3-7 and I was quite surprised to see all those actives fish in this hot sunny day in the middle of the afternoon.... the funny thing is I thought around 6-7 it would be even better but no, it was not. The best time was around 4pm till 5pm ... alot of them were jumping for the flies... anyhow I finished the day with 7 trouts (2 near 12 inches, 4 between 8-10 inches and I finished the day with an extra small of 5-6 inch)... All of them are still swimming (C&R) ... I've spoken with a few guys on my way to the truck and nobody seems to have any luck with worms, 2 guys started fly fishing went I was leaving thought... maybe I was lucky and fishing at the good place at the good time ... it was a good day for me
Saturday was the same way....heat of the day... hatching all day ....action was fantastic..lost track of how many i released..then around 5 ish slowed right down.. strange...great day though... the C&R section

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey Guy's. That dark may fly you see is a Red Quill. I tied a bunch just for that hatch. If you you can time it right it's best time to be there. A small yellow stome fly is a good choice also.

Rick.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Saturday was the same way....heat of the day... hatching all day ....action was fantastic..lost track of how many i released..then around 5 ish slowed right down.. strange...great day though... the C&R section
Hardy - were you fishing at the mcCuly station bridge, not far from there? I almost went there but someone was already there walking the river... the 2 peoples were fishing with spinning rod (probably with a crawler) in this section as well
..at the end I decided to walk the other way of the bridge

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hardy - were you fishing at the mcCuly station bridge, not far from there? I almost went there but someone was already there walking the river... the 2 peoples were fishing with spinning rod (probably with a crawler) in this section as well
..at the end I decided to walk the other way of the bridge
No i was upstream...put in at the bridge by the trans canada..at lone pine camping..fished up stream and down from there....other direction was probably a wise choice on your part

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I stopped by at the bridge by the trans canada... just didnt know where to park and I noticed 2 dirt road but they seem to go at some cottages.... so I wasnt sure if this was private or not... hehe
..so behind the mine was my pick once again

·
Registered
53 Posts
I stopped by at the bridge by the trans canada... just didnt know where to park and I noticed 2 dirt road but they seem to go at some cottages.... so I wasnt sure if this was private or not... hehe
..so behind the mine was my pick once again
ya those roads do go to camps..i just park on the main dirt road and you can access the river right there..going to try further down stream this weekend...hopefully just as active

1 - 20 of 21 Posts