New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I normally fish bass around long island or in the marsh. Blew up my 115 yamaha about a month ago. Just getting new powerhead on now so will be fishing again soon. Wondering if anybody has been getting any bass on the Kennebecasis. There are 3 boats fishing by the gondola point ferry on the kingston side today. I am guessing they are after stripers but could be after sturgeon.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I normally fish bass around long island or in the marsh. Blew up my 115 yamaha about a month ago. Just getting new powerhead on now so will be fishing again soon. Wondering if anybody has been getting any bass on the Kennebecasis. There are 3 boats fishing by the gondola point ferry on the kingston side today. I am guessing they are after stripers but could be after sturgeon.
When you say fish for bass in the marsh in hampton, do you mean the osokeag creek or however it is spelled (I dont really know the name just that it is something along the lines of that) Or is there bass in any of that area? I have caught a few smallies on kennebecasis but mostly perch

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When you say fish for bass in the marsh in hampton, do you mean the osokeag creek or however it is spelled (I dont really know the name just that it is something along the lines of that) Or is there bass in any of that area? I have caught a few smallies on kennebecasis but mostly perch
I mean around the norton shore road part of the marsh. And i mean striped bass. There are some nice smallies up in the norton shore area too.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Had one on my eel catching rod tonight. Bent hook and got away. Wish he had of bit the striper catching rod instead. Had tiny piece of mackeral on small hook for eel and a big piece and big hook for striper... damn fish took tiny piece!! No more bites after that. How is everybody else doing pre-storm??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts