New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just Wodering if anyone was on the Kedwick or Restigoush this week. Im not sure what flies to fish with. Someone told me various Rats, Green Machines and Bugs. I like to go with a fuul fly box just in case. Any thoughts! Thanks Guys

·
Registered
122 Posts
A "coachman" Kidding. You never know what will work. That's the trick with fly fishing. However, green machines seem to be the fly of choice. (I've had all my luck with them) I had a salmon sniff around my brown bug a couple times this weekend, so I would defenitely suggest having one of those in your "go to box" I've yet to have any luck using a wet fly, but they say an Undertaker works and with that, I'd bring a Blue Charm. I know a guy who was successfull a couple times this year using a Blue Charm...

·
Registered
29 Posts
I was at the Jardine Stretch of the Little Main Restigouche on thursday and friday and it was very quiet. Water was a foot lower then 2 weeks ago when I was up there. It was hard to get the canoe up the river this time. One of the boys caught a grilse but that was all the action we had. Saw quite a few grisle but maybe 1 or 2 salmon, again very different then the last time when it was full of big fish and lots of action. Green Machines is also what we had luck on. We really need some heavy rain. Nice to just get away though!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts