New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Streamside Pro Staff ><(((*>
2,366 Posts
Hitting the Hammond this evening. Will be on the water by 6pm. Gonna try for the trout first by Crowley's pool, if no fish I'll try the other species down river. If anybody wants to join me, I'll see you on the water!

Tight lines!

JC

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hitting the Hammond this evening. Will be on the water by 6pm. Gonna try for the trout first by Crowley's pool, if no fish I'll try the other species down river. If anybody wants to join me, I'll see you on the water!

Tight lines!

JC
Getting anything ?
I was out down by the park and caught about 60 perch and nothing else

·
2,366 Posts
Nada. The water is still about three to four feet too high, in my opinion. Thought I saw some rises on that stretch up-river from Crowley's, but they weren't trout. Some kind of baitfish in their breeding grounds, I guess. This has become a major downer...

·
Registered
110 Posts
water levels must be on the way down though....i was out back of freddy on the weekend in the harvey region and any small streams or brooks i crossed were not all that high IMO. so if water levels are descent in the headwaters up here the main rivers should be dropping.

·
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
water levels must be on the way down though....i was out back of freddy on the weekend in the harvey region and any small streams or brooks i crossed were not all that high IMO. so if water levels are descent in the headwaters up here the main rivers should be dropping.
Oh, it'd dropping. It dropped about two feet since last week, but it's still about 4 feet too high. If anybody ever fishes the Hammond at Crowley's pool, you'll know about the two big rocks in the water. At prime-time those rocks will stick out about two feet out of the water. At the moment there is two feet of water ABOVE them.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I've heard of crowley's pool but I don't know where it is. I know it's in the hammond somewere, could you explain to me where it is.

·
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
From the highway bridge going upriver, it's in the second big bend in the river.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
how`s the trout fishing now jc? sturgeon should be hitting next week too, i`ve been watching them jump in the north end all week. stripers are in too. it must be time for summer flounder and mack`s any day now. i landed a number of sea run trout, good size but no monsters - they are all up river by now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts