New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well.. counting down the hours now... tomorrow morning the crown reserve draw info will be available... hoping we got picked!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Well, the results are in. Our party was not successful this year. I was suprised how many people applied for the Crown Waters. I thought the C&R and the fee to apply would deter them from applying. The government must be please to see the stretches and dates filled.

·
Registered
15 Posts
No go here either, 5 years in a row. Not compalining, well maybe a bit, but it is nice to see the some people getting drawn 5 years in a row

·
Registered
113 Posts
My party got drawn. 2 Years in a row this time around. I've pretty much averaged getting drawn every 2-3 years, and I have been lucky on the Mini draws as well.

Sullivan on July 26.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Where does it say how many people applied?

got drawn for Depot.
I'm in for Sullivan.

The government news release says 1,376 entered and 610 got drawn.
To compare, last year it was 1944 entered and 634 got drawn.
2010 = 2041 and 669
2009 = 2059 and 651
2008 = 1694 and 583
So they certainly did lose a lot of entries, presumably due to C&R and the extra fees.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yep, didn't get picked either... Mildly disappointing, I'm officially one for one i guess. ha I hope i can find something on the mini draws.

t

·
Registered
298 Posts
SE Upsalquitch for the wife and I, June 24th. we are 2 for 2 but I did some homework as to why do so many apply and not get picked. The majority of entered applicants get disqualified because the same name appears in different groups. Not saying anyone here is doing this but make sure that if you put in with a group that is the only group your name is with. Example Joe blow is party chief .. and puts in for 1 or 3 others depending on the strech. Make sure your name doesn't get put in with any other group. with an almost 50% success rate this year and the amount of mini draw dates available use the tools we have .. the catch and effort is a good tool. Planning ahead picking key dates and making the right choice. For the ones not getting 5 years in a row look at the dates and it's a math game if you only have weekends off .. that puts you in a higher bracket of applicants for that stretch during that date... and so on ..

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm in for Sullivan.

The government news release says 1,376 entered and 610 got drawn.
To compare, last year it was 1944 entered and 634 got drawn.
2010 = 2041 and 669
2009 = 2059 and 651
2008 = 1694 and 583
So they certainly did lose a lot of entries, presumably due to C&R and the extra fees.
i see this as our gain and their loss! it's too bad really.. in my opinion, the extra cost is not enough to deter me... so I'll go without drinking a case of beer for a few weekends in order to save the money to pay for it.. they would have to increase it substantially in order for me to not participate anymore..

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
we got drawn for stoney brook this summer. our first time drawn..

·
Registered
186 Posts
got drawn for depot late august any pointers thanks
I'm there in late July ltff - will let you know what is going on - its my 3rd trip to Depot - you won't be disappointed.
An ATV is certainly recommended...good trails but some distance between them.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
nice to see some first timers getting a kick at crown reserve.. you guys won't be disappointed, i'm sure of it!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts