New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Banned
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Of the various fishing reports that are out there such as Doug Underhill's and Rodney Colford's there is no information on the upper stretchs of the main river. I thought maybe a thread would be a good place for anybody thats over there to fish can report in and let others know the conditions.

I'm headed over Saturday morning I think so I'll report back on what I see and hear.

·
Banned
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was over this morning. Water was rising from the rain but not a bad level as wannafish1 mentioned above. I released 4 trout nothing of any size, largest was 12". Raised one grilse but saw nothing else after that.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Gastch, no fish are ever up in Juniper...plus there's bad roads, bike gangs waging a drug war, youth gangs stealing cars, alien sightings, land mines & IEDS on the roadside, random lightning strikes just on fishermen, axe murderers, and countless other bad things.

No need for Juniper area fishing reports. No need at all. Stay home, not worth your time. Go to Blackville/Doaktown/Renous instead

·
Registered
37 Posts
Juniper has fish this summer! I'm seeing fish in every pool every time I'm out; so refreshing from the poor summer last year. The water was perfect this weekend. I was out Sat. and this AM and landed 2 grilse which were surprisingly bright for Juniper. Can't get away from those chartreuse bugs; caught all but one fish on them so far (12 hooked, 7 landed) Having a blast this summer= my personal best. (I'm not in the same league as GM:D )
I just started salmon fishing a couple of weeks ago and have done all three trips in the Juniper area (half moon, unnamed pool, Lake Brook pool and Little Louey). I have only seen one fish jump in the three trips. I went out Sat afternoon/evening after the rain storm, was that a bad fishing time because the water was really high and brown?

I usually use the green machine, I have a bunch of other flies but don't know if it's me or the flies as to why I can't get fish to roll.

What is the fishing like in Aug, Sept and Oct in this area?

·
Registered
11 Posts
All true!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!
Gastch, no fish are ever up in Juniper...plus there's bad roads, bike gangs waging a drug war, youth gangs stealing cars, alien sightings, land mines & IEDS on the roadside, random lightning strikes just on fishermen, axe murderers, and countless other bad things.

No need for Juniper area fishing reports. No need at all. Stay home, not worth your time. Go to Blackville/Doaktown/Renous instead

·
Registered
55 Posts
2.5 hrs to Woodstock from Moncton (with slightly heavy foot). Continue up TCH to take Florenceville exit then head towards Bristol. From Bristol, take 107 through Glassville and then to Juniper. Small village with now closed lumber mill. I have seen local fishing the pool at the bridge, but most continue 7-8 km down the 107 from Juniper and fish the Forks pool and below towards Deersdale.
Total driving time 3.5 hrs.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Another route to take that is quicker would be: 4lane to jemseg, old TCH into fredericton, take first right after princess margret bridge towards Miramichi, follow rte 8 until you see a sign for stanley, from stanley take the 107 towards bristol, Halfmoon is the first place you can see the river and you could be fishing in 2.5hrs.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Another route to take that is quicker would be: 4lane to jemseg, old TCH into fredericton, take first right after princess margret bridge towards Miramichi, follow rte 8 until you see a sign for stanley, from stanley take the 107 towards bristol, Halfmoon is the first place you can see the river and you could be fishing in 2.5hrs.
I live in Stanley and I think the Route 8 and 107 way would be a lot quicker.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I travel it 30 times a year, the two and a half is not far off to half moon as a no stop trip. The drive in from stanley is rough but good opportunities to see wild life.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts