New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
169 Posts
just another BS article from the Irving driven media talking about how bad the natives have it and that they were being picked on by DFO along with how messed up our clueless cowardly gov't really is

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just another BS article from the Irving driven media talking about how bad the natives have it and that they were being picked on by DFO along with how messed up our clueless cowardly gov't really is
Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.

·
Registered
77 Posts
HAHA what a joke! Complaining because there not being treated fairly? They do what ever the [email protected]#k they want in our woods take as many fish and game animals as they want as long as it's for "family or tribal" purposes of course. There just never satisfied I guess always whining about not being treated equally, what about every other man and his dog that isn't native? We all wish we could do what you do aka help ruin our fish and game resources. I can't believe this all there doing is taking advantage of our gov't and it's services and we just sit back and let them do it than we pity them like we did in today's TG

·
Banned
169 Posts
Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.
anytime

problem is people don't like hearing the truth and can't accept it. I say it as it is and don't butter it up for any reason.
our media / gov't and most of the general public bend over backwards and take this kinda crap all the time and its pityful!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
This is absolutely the biggest pile of B%$^*&^%#%!? i have ever seen... Frankly, i think it is high time we are all on the same wave length when it comes to laws and enforcement.... they say it is for ceremonial and family purposes.... i say it is for monetary gain and then the proceeds that are had from this monetary gain is then used to fund certain vices these folks have.... oh wait... proceeds from something that is sold would be considered "proceeds of crime" when it comes to myself or anyone else who is considered "non native".. and we all know what happens then.... get them all to follow the rules we follow and treat them the same as we would be... it's 2010 for heaven's sake, not 1810...

Sorry for the rant... i get rather passionate with topics of this nature..

·
Banned
169 Posts
its not just about monetary gain...its also about sticking to the regular guy cause they know they can
I am with you its 2010 and everyone in Canada should have 1 set of rules for everything no matter the race, religion etc that you are

·
Registered
19 Posts
its not just about monetary gain...its also about sticking to the regular guy cause they know they can
I am with you its 2010 and everyone in Canada should have 1 set of rules for everything no matter the race, religion etc that you are
Bang on... absolutely right.... it is like you said, sticking it to the regular guy and it's the regular guy that ends up paying for it someway somehow.... DFO should not have even returned those fish to him.... he wants em, catch em like the rest of us...

·
Registered
18 Posts
personally witnessed a person with different rights than every other canadian dropping his line into a fish ladder hauling fish aftr fish of many sizes and species into his bag. a regular angler has to keep 75 feet from any ladder. this has gone far enough, what a freaking joke

·
Banned
169 Posts
I totally agree its time things are changed. We need to get together as a huge conservation minded group of anglers and find a way to pressure the powers at be to change this once and for all.

·
122 Posts
I think IMHO that as a step in the right direction to better control our fish stocks, that jurisdictions should be re-vamped. There is just to much grey area for a judge and a lawyer to ponder here when it comes to which jurisdiction has power of enforcement over the other....DFO? NBDNR?....

Atlantic Salmon upon completing their migration journey and re-entering our freshwater streams either as grisle or MSW salmon, are leaving their saltwater estuary (DFO jurisdiction IMO) to enter their freshwater spawning ground (NBDNR jurisdiction IMO). I strongly feel that the saltwater mark should also be the jurisdiction line, black and white, no ifs and or buts about it.

Anglers on NB rivers and streams have to, by provincial law purchase an Atlantic Salmon fishing licence, issued by the Government of NB, why then should a Federal enforcement authority superseed in conservation and enforcement practices?

I think that if we could remove this cloud of ambiguity, thereafter this would remove any doubts and unwanted arbitrary situations over who's got power to do what and where.

DFO enforcement would have enough on their plate just assuring enforcment and conservation of the stocks at sea....all kinds of illicit operations along the shorelines of the bays and in estuaries if you ask me. Why this double jurisdictions and sending the ball back and forth game?....it baffles me...

My 2 cents.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts