New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you were buying a new boat. What would you buy? And why?
Brand,size,Motor,and size,options,etc.

Thanks..Rob.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Rob.C, for me, it woul depend on what i want to fish with it...and how deep were my pockets at the time...!lol

i mostly kayak, so a new 13.5' kayak would be nice, and for fun, i would pick up a second one with the peddle drive. and a trailer to go we them!

for most other fishing, i would get an inflateable, about 10', with a 9.9 and 7.5 to go with it.

for fundy, i weould get a big tarpon boat...and a mother ship to go with it!!!!lol...if you are going to dream...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Rob.C, for me, it woul depend on what i want to fish with it...and how deep were my pockets at the time...!lol

i mostly kayak, so a new 13.5' kayak would be nice, and for fun, i would pick up a second one with the peddle drive. and a trailer to go we them!

for most other fishing, i would get an inflateable, about 10', with a 9.9 and 7.5 to go with it.

for fundy, i weould get a big tarpon boat...and a mother ship to go with it!!!!lol...if you are going to dream...

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like the Lowe Stinger Bass boats, The Lowe FM's,and the Tracker Deep-V's myself.
With a 60-75hp 4 stroke.
We fish mostly for Bass,Pickerel,Muskie,Stripers.
Rob.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just bought a new 2011 Lowe Fishing Machine 165 with a Mercury 60EPT 4 stroke. 55lb thrust Motorguide trolling motor,Lowrance fish finder,Galvanized trailer. I bought it this weekend at the boat show in Moncton. I can't wait too get it out on the water.
Rob.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Me and my old man were talking about selling his fiberglass boat, and getting a RIB in the 16' range. It will go anywhere in the rivers that we go in, and probably a lot easier on fuel since it is much less friction in the water.

·
Registered
186 Posts
What I want?? A Lund 1900 Adventure with a 90 Yammy or Honda 4 Stroke.

What I ended up getting based on $$. A 2004 Tracker Pro Guide Deep V 16. Has a 50 hp 2 stroke merc, and a 55lb thrust trolling motor, and this small boat cuts through the chop with ease...Great for the areas I fish.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I'd get a 17ft. Camo Lowe ******* Jonboat...REALLY fell in love with one yesterday....unfortunately - it ain't gonna happen anytime soon!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts