New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Streamside Pro Staff ><(((*>
2,366 Posts
No, I don't believe so. You can only ice fish on a few selected inland lakes, and Ritchie lake is not on the list. You CAN ice fish on the river, though, as it's tideal water and you don't even need a license.

Here's the list of lakes you can ice fish on with a license:
Designated Inland Waters Open to Ice Fishing:
Albert County
New Horton Lake
Carleton County
Kilmarnock Deadwater
Mactaquac Lake (from
the dam upstream to
Grafton Bridge)
Williamstown Lake
Charlotte County
Canoose Flowage
Foster Lake
Middle Lake
Mill Lake
Moores Mills lake
Potters Lake
Gloucester County
Pabineau Lake
Teagues Lake
Kent County
Round Lake
Kings County
McManus Lake
Mud Lake
Oram Lake
Madawaska County
Baker Lake (Saturday and
Sunday only)
Glasier Lake
Two ponds at the outlet of
Glasier and Grew and
McPherson Ponds at the
head of the lake
Northumberland County
Chatham Reservoir
Crocker Lake
Macs Lake
North Little River Lake
Shaddick Lake
South Little River Lake
Queens County
Designated surface mine ponds
Lake Stream Lake
Restigouche County
Big Nictau Lake
Lower Tetagouche Lake
Middle Tetagouche Lake
Upper Tetagouche Lake
Saint John County
Fisher Lakes
Hanson Stream Reservoir
Sunbury County
Designated surface mine ponds
Gaspereau Lake
Swan Lake
Victoria County
Tobique Headpond (between
Quaker Brook and a point marked
by a fishery officer at Gladwyn)
Trousers Lake
Westmorland County
Morice Pond
Poucette Lake
Square Lake
York County
Bolton Lake
Fifth Lake
First Eel Lake
Foster Lake
Killarney Lake
Lower Nashwaak Lake
Mactaquac Lake (from
the dam upstream to
Grafton Bridge)
Miramichi Lake
Modsley Lake
Oromocto Lake
Pocowagamis Lake
Scotch Lake
Sixth Lake
Thompsons Lake
Tuttle Lake
Wauklahegan (McAdam)

·
2,366 Posts
McManus Lake: Hampton, at the end of Villa street, past the church, drive at the end of the dirt road and park. Walk down the trail on the right which leads you right to the lake. Lots of chain pickerel.
Oram Lake: Kingston Penninsula. (google earth it for spot, and google it for what's in there as I don't know)
Mud Lake: By the civic building in Quispamsis (where they have the fire station as well, in behind Daley's Irving accross from the Junction Club (driving range). Not sure what's in there either.

·
Registered
357 Posts
McManus Lake: Hampton, at the end of Villa street, past the church, drive at the end of the dirt road and park. Walk down the trail on the right which leads you right to the lake. Lots of chain pickerel.
Oram Lake: Kingston Penninsula. (google earth it for spot, and google it for what's in there as I don't know)
Mud Lake: By the civic building in Quispamsis (where they have the fire station as well, in behind Daley's Irving accross from the Junction Club (driving range). Not sure what's in there either.
McManus is another pickerel lake as well as yellow perch and sunfish.There is or was a few white perch also.I see Oram is on the list,anyone brave enough to go through the Gate?

·
2,366 Posts
the gate on Oram is still up to debate as the law stipulates that if there is only one road leading up to a lake that that road cannot be blocked by any form of gate or otherwise, and if there is more then one road leading up to a public lake, then at least one must be unblocked. Oram is a public lake as it's listed on the DNR website for ice fishing. Whoever has it geted is breaking the provincial law. Same thing happened to the road leading up to McManus one year, and they had to unblock it. Anyway, what's the worst that can happen? They yell at you? Ouuu! scarry! They sure cannot charge you with anything.
As for Mud lake, I've never fished it, but based on where it leads to, I reckon there would be some brook trout in there as brookies hold below it in the spring. In summertime it looks like it would hold some sunfish and yellow perch, so you should catch those there.

·
Registered
357 Posts
the gate on Oram is still up to debate as the law stipulates that if there is only one road leading up to a lake that that road cannot be blocked by any form of gate or otherwise, and if there is more then one road leading up to a public lake, then at least one must be unblocked. Oram is a public lake as it's listed on the DNR website for ice fishing. Whoever has it geted is breaking the provincial law. Same thing happened to the road leading up to McManus one year, and they had to unblock it. Anyway, what's the worst that can happen? They yell at you? Ouuu! scarry! They sure cannot charge you with anything.
As for Mud lake, I've never fished it, but based on where it leads to, I reckon there would be some brook trout in there as brookies hold below it in the spring. In summertime it looks like it would hold some sunfish and yellow perch, so you should catch those there.
Seems to me Ipop mentioned in an earlier blog that someone messed with his car or something,maybe the tires?

·
2,366 Posts
Seems to me Ipop mentioned in an earlier blog that someone messed with his car or something,maybe the tires?
Oh yeah? I would've gone again the next day, and this time hide in the woods nearby and wait with 12 ga salt & pepper...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts