New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Have you looked under your shack lately? We had to spend most of the day yesterday off the Cameron just digging and jacking just to get the shack up out of the slush and water.Alot of guys are going to be suprised when they try to get their shacks off in the next couple weeks.They are calling for 25-35 mil.of rain for Friday,if we can get up through the ruts,ours is coming off tomorow.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Have you looked under your shack lately? We had to spend most of the day yesterday off the Cameron just digging and jacking just to get the shack up out of the slush and water.Alot of guys are going to be suprised when they try to get their shacks off in the next couple weeks.They are calling for 25-35 mil.of rain for Friday,if we can get up through the ruts,ours is coming off tomorow.
I see they canceled the rain warning for Friday,it's supposed to be a snow event,so I'm thinking of trying it for another week.I think the ruts are to bad to pull anything off right now anyway.We will take it daY to day.This has been an excellent year for smelts,lot of jumbos!

·
Registered
351 Posts
gmac what is the ice like can you walk out or drive and how much slush and water is there . I live on Grand lake and was thinking of head down maybe Friday or saturday to try for a fish have not got ou much tis year and would like to make one more trip.

·
Streamside Pro Staff ><(((*>
2,366 Posts
On Friday there was 3" of ice over the open gap at Cameron. We plan on putting our shack out this weekend. If it isn't safe yet for trucks or 4 wheelers, we'll just pull it to the site from shore.

·
2,366 Posts
At Cameron Rd, it looks like people have been crossing with 4-wheelers and snowmobiles. No cars and trucks yet, though. I just checked about an hour ago. Didn't have my auger, so couldn't check actual ice thickness.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Stroover a friend of mine took her kids fishing at Cameron yesterday (wed) there were 2 or 3 cars out on the ice ...

·
2,366 Posts
Stroover a friend of mine took her kids fishing at Cameron yesterday (wed) there were 2 or 3 cars out on the ice ...
It must have been been before the snow, because the only tracks there today were from 4-wheelers and snowmobiles. Good to know! I'm going to drill a hole in the morning with my auger on my way to work and let you all know how thick it is at the "Cameron Gap".

·
Registered
981 Posts
Thanks for reporting in. Sounds like it's pretty safe to me!

A big part of the ice erosion wasn't just the temperature. There was a ton of runoff water flowing in and around Dominion Park in Saint John that just ate it away like crazy near the shore. With no rain and cold daytime temps over the past few days I'd expect the ice is safe pretty much everywhere that it normally is now.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Should be good now, if the ice at Cameron rd ect is good it will def be good on French ect...the edges didn't open up nearly as much as down there , more or less just flooded an separated form shore a bit

1 - 15 of 15 Posts