New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i live in sackville and i was wondering where a good place to try to hook a salmon. it is my first year fishing salmon and i need help.I am heading to miramichi on sunday so if any on can help that wood be good

·
Registered
68 Posts
Jon, I too have just started to salmon fish here in NB. I can attest that it's a difficult and intimidating fish to go after. There are a lot of rules and regulations around the fishery, and knowing what waters to fish and when is a task in it's self for a newbie. I made my first real trip early this week when I was lucky enough to be invited along to the North Pole Stream Crown Reserve with three other experienced salmon fishers. My suggestion would be to find somebody with experience to take you out and show you the ropes. Even if you find water you can fish, there is so much more to know.

I wish you the best of luck, as I can tell you...Once you catch your first Salmon, you be absolutely hooked.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wood like to know what type of fly they are going for right now and if there is a good spot to soak a fly that i may have a good chance to hook a salmon.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I heard those bass can get pretty big.

I thought it was a salmon you was holding up...That would of been a pretty dumb idea to brag about a salmon, taking your picture and posting it on this site.

Sorry I can't help with advice...Sackville is foreign to me...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if i caught a salmon i would no where to go and what fly's to use and i would not be asking advice,and i would take my pic and post it but it would be at the brook and i would let it go.sackville nb is on the border of nova scotia

·
Registered
91 Posts
If you're trying to hook a salmon in the near future - good luck. The water is low and too warm for the fish to be active. A good way to find a spot to fish is to go to the salmon museum in Doaktown and buy a copy of the maps of open waters. And if I was from Sackville I'd stop at Escape Anglers in Riverview and buy a selection of flies from Bryant or do the same at Doak's.
PRAY FOR RAIN!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I second Well Hooked's suggestion about visiting Bryant. I actually fished with him early last week. The man know's more about salmon fishing than I could ever hope to. No wonder he out fished the other three of us.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Tweegle, we should probably post a health warning about visiting Bryant's shop. Something like - listening to his stories causes so much laughter the result is often sore stomach muscles. Or WARNING: Storyteller please allow an extra 1/2 hour for your visit!
And you're right about his level of salmon knowledge.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yes the water is very low i was up fishing in Blacksville it was HOT!! i did have a hit at 7 in the morning and i hooked one at 8:30 at night but i did not land him it was about 3 feet.that was my first fishing experience it was cool.I went to Scott Doncaster to get my flies and some info. [email protected]

·
Registered
68 Posts
Well Hooked, I totally agree with you. We were in the Palisade's from Sunday to Tuesday last week, and I don't think Bryant let me go 10 minutes without busting a gut laughing. The bad thing is it totally ruined me. This was my first real fishing trip for Salmon and I was in the company of three experienced fisherman, with one of them being Bryant. I kind of felt like the weekend hacker golfing with three PGA pros. But just doing what Bryant said got me into my first Salmon. Was a real treat and only hope I'm lucky enough to get a chance to fish with them again.

·
Registered
100 Posts
If you're trying to hook a salmon in the near future - good luck. The water is low and too warm for the fish to be active. A good way to find a spot to fish is to go to the salmon museum in Doaktown and buy a copy of the maps of open waters. And if I was from Sackville I'd stop at Escape Anglers in Riverview and buy a selection of flies from Bryant or do the same at Doak's.
PRAY FOR RAIN!
Can anyone give me an email address or the street address for Escape Anglers shop? Is this Riverview near Moncton NB? Can you buy flies from him and get the shipped to Northern NB, or do you have to visit his shop?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hey Paul, you can google "Eskape Anglers" and that will get you there. It's the "K" that throws people off. Also salmonflies.com will get you there, he has a couple of sites. I know he does orders and ships them, just not sure if it's to individuals or to retailers. All his contact info is on the websites. Good luck, I'm looking at heading over there today to get some flies.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Paul you can find Bryant's shop at 23 Wentworth St. in Riverview (the one across from Moncton). Eskape's website is www.eskapeanglers.com and the phone number is 386-6269. To get there go across the causeway, take the first right exit, then head right again for several blocks. The street is on the left. The shop is in the basement via the side door of the house. Just knock and enter. Can't beat either the guy or his prices, he's the best in my books.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Paul you can find Bryant's shop at 23 Wentworth St. in Riverview (the one across from Moncton). Eskape's website is www.eskapeanglers.com and the phone number is 386-6269. To get there go across the causeway, take the first right exit, then head right again for several blocks. The street is on the left. The shop is in the basement via the side door of the house. Just knock and enter. Can't beat either the guy or his prices, he's the best in my books.
Well thanks a lot! Should be easy enough finding him with that amount of detail... thank you!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts