New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how the canaan is doing? how are the water levels. I have not fished the canaan for about a week and a half, usually i fish it every week around 1-2 times around the Y in the road, right by carr road. Usually im getting a bunch of nice ones there. Anyone been getting any nice catches the past week or so?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just wondering how the canaan is doing? how are the water levels. I have not fished the canaan for about a week and a half, usually i fish it every week around 1-2 times around the Y in the road, right by carr road. Usually im getting a bunch of nice ones there. Anyone been getting any nice catches the past week or so?
caught a couple small ones and a 20 incher there this past thursday was my first time ever fishing the canaan and i'l definatly be back

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
caught a couple small ones and a 20 incher there this past thursday was my first time ever fishing the canaan and i'l definatly be back
Yeah Canaan is definately an awesome spot to fish! Just Hate seeing guys keep the big bass. Ran into a guy with a 20+ incher on a stringer with its neck cut...he descided to keep it, kinda upset me, but at least I know there are plenty more bigguns there!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hope to be heading up this weekend to do some fishing.
Good Luck to you if you go! Wish I could go sometime this week but, doesnt look like its happening especially because we're going to Grand Manaan this saturday. Hope you catch a good one!

Trenton
<><

·
Registered
78 Posts
Assume they are still around....and biting but of course that depends on conditions and the such.......just will be nice to be out on the water fishing.
Might drag the kayak with me too.....

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Assume they are still around....and biting but of course that depends on conditions and the such.......just will be nice to be out on the water fishing.
Might drag the kayak with me too.....
Yeah the bass are usually always around, i love fishing the canaan, just with all the rain, im not sure how the water conditions are. They have probably returned to normal now though.

If you take your Kayak, there are some stretches that parts of the river are only no more than 2-3 inches deep, but you will find that most of the river where there is no access other than a canoe/kayak have nice bass everywhere. If you launch your boat at the big Y in the road, down from there about an hour canoe trip is a big fallen over tree on the left shore. There is plenty of cover there and it is nice and deep. There also is that foamy stuff from the water up around the tree too (I always seem to catch nice ones in that stuff) If you end up finding that spot dont pass it up, I caught a bunch of nice ones there last time i went!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Anyone else try fishing the Canaan by Havelock lately? Was there a week ago with no luck. Thinking of trying again but I am thinking they leave this area after they spawn in June??

·
Registered
108 Posts
Anyone else try fishing the Canaan by Havelock lately? Was there a week ago with no luck. Thinking of trying again but I am thinking they leave this area after they spawn in June??
I was there yesterday afternoon for a while, water was extremely high, no luck at all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts