New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,

a friend of the family just gave me a bunch of his fly fishing/ tying stuff. In with this stuff was a hardybroa ltd "the st john" mk2 in a1 condition. in its original case and papers. i think its quite a treaser. any thought's?

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have 2 that I have used since the mid 70's. I love them. They are durable and nearly maintenance free (Caught several hundred salmon on them). I am sure that if you were to sell it you could fetch several hundred dollars. I posted pics of one of mine in the gallery.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I have my father's St. John from the '50s; great sounding reel with a fish on! They sell between two and three hundred on ebay but I'd hang on to it, that's good stuff.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have a 9 ft 9 wt Orvis Clearwater II and a 9 1/2 ft 9 wt Fenwick Boron.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Well I'm really just keeping Dad's reel as a keepsake but I did put it on an 8wt Daiwa 9'6" this summer and caught a grilse just to hear it sing.
Chnclr, I also have a 9'9wt Orvis Clearwater II and really like that rod!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Well I'm really just keeping Dad's reel as a keepsake but I did put it on an 8wt Daiwa 9'6" this summer and caught a grilse just to hear it sing.
Chnclr, I also have a 9'9wt Orvis Clearwater II and really like that rod!
I thought that was the rod you were using in your videos.I have heard both good and bad reports about that rod but I like it(Not as well as my old Boron that I built though)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts