New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone. Recently moved to Moncton with my family from Calgary and am getting very excited about the fishing season as it nears. My first question for the forum is where can I go. Sold my boat before we moved, so Its streams and shores for now or wharfs and docks but thats ok. I'm excited for smallies, never fished bass before and frankly can't wait. Also excited for chain pickeral as I've only ever met their cousins before lol. Last but not least trout fishing. Whether is brookies,lakers,browns,or rainbows i'm in. So I'm the newbie on here and looking for all the feed back I can get. Planning and researching is part of the adventure for me and it's time to get started. Guess I should say I'll be spin and bait casting for now. Might have to get in on the Salmon fishing aswell eventually, but for now no fly rod's. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Some smallies in the Salisbury area of the Petitcodiac river for starters. The good areas no longer exist after the causeway gates were opened. Most good smallmouth and pickeral areas are west of Moncton starting with the Canan river and heading towards Fredericton (Grand lake, french lake, Indian lake, Oromocto river, Washadamoak lake,and the St John river) One of your first purchases should be a Map book called "backroads of New Brunswick" avail at Wally world and most book stores and larger service stations. It has good maps of almost all fishing areas of NB, lists of lakes and rivers and types of fish. Feel free to contact me when the season gets going and I will take or show you some areas I fish in.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you Casey I look forward to it. Purchased that book you mentioned, it is really helping in my post season research.

·
Registered
4 Posts
shediac river pretty good in spring, in the salmon hole . caught some big sea trout last year and a few salmon. It's not far from bastarache scrap ward.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts