New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,i seen online about a outfitter on harts lake by gagetown stating how good the smallmouth population was in the lake,just wondering if this was true, i didn't think bass fishing was too popular below fredericton, any thoughts appreciated
Rod

·
Registered
492 Posts
I fished it a couple of times this past summer and had decent results. Some nice smallmouth, though I think it is known more for chain pickerel if you are into that.

·
Registered
457 Posts
There are certainly lots of smallies in the StJohn river system below F'ton. As Bob says I have caught lots of pickeral in Harts Lake, but few bass. It may be better fishing early before the weeds get too thick.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are certainly lots of smallies in the StJohn river system below F'ton. As Bob says I have caught lots of pickeral in Harts Lake, but few bass. It may be better fishing early before the weeds get too thick.
thanks guys looking forward to fishing some new waters in the spring, it doesnt matter to me whats on the end of my line as long as i'm out on the water. merry christmas to all and happy new year. we'll talk next year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts