New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am needing to get a guide 2 license and I am wondering what I need to read for it?

Do I need to read both hunting and fishing regulations books?

Thanks

·
Registered
298 Posts
I am needing to get a guide 2 license and I am wondering what I need to read for it?

Do I need to read both hunting and fishing regulations books?

Thanks
Dragon yes you do ! As much as I don't agree with having to do both as I'm not a hunter but it's still good too know the other side. I asked the same question last year and read the hunters book twice and wrote with no problem.

·
Registered
16 Posts
When you say "just read the books" and you will be ok...what type of questions/ details are they looking for? Do you need to know limits/sizes of each fish for each area etc? or are they very specific on just needing to know the information that would be pertinent to a guide?

thanks
Joe

·
Registered
888 Posts
SF, I don't recall any zone-specific questions but I could be wrong as it's been awhile since I wrote it. Definitely there are questions about length limits, bag limits, etc... Truly, if you know your hunting/fishing guidebook, you will not have a problem. The test is 50 questions long.
I stumbled on two questions: when guiding, if the sport hooks a salmon, who can land it? And I forget the second one although it was closely related to that first question. I was upset to screw up two questions but the warden made me feel better by noting that most wardens would have gotten more questions wrong than that, ha ha.
All to say that if a dummy like me can pass without a problem, then you can too. Just read the books until you know them well.
Sorry I'm not being very specific but I don't really recall much about the specific questions.
Guide II licence is nice to have in the ol' hip pocket when you have out-of-province fishing friends, for sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts