New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need some help deciphering the oh so complicated at times.. NB fishing guide.

For the Miramichi drainage it says open season April 15 to October 29.

for my example using the Cains, it says bright retention from May 16 to October 15.

does this mean you are allowed to retain grilse until October 15 and it's catch and release only from October 16 to October 29?

·
Registered
1,326 Posts

for my example using the Cains, it says bright retention from May 16 to October 15.

does this mean you are allowed to retain grilse until October 15 and it's catch and release only from October 16 to October 29?
That's the way it looks to me, but a quick phonecall to DNR would be better

·
Registered
250 Posts

On top of page 24 it does say the salmon season goes to Oct. 29 but you have to look below that to find the season for each individual river. The MSW below Burntland Brook is closed after Oct.15th period and grilse retention is allowed right up to that date.Cains is the same. Tabusintac, Bartibog, and Burnt Church are the only rivers you can fish after Oct. 15th.
From Burntland brook upstream to the forks at Juniper grilse retention ends Sept. 30th and c/r continues till Oct. 15th.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts