New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner

good bait shop around canaan river coles island

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  lobsterman 
#1 ·
gday, pretty sure will be headin up to canaan river for our fishing vacation, just wondering if thete are any bait shops around there? i got a 10 foot long boat, for the waters around p.e.i. thats all u really need, should be alrite for the canaan?

#4 ·
There are worms for sale either at the Esso right at the twin bridges at Coles Island, or a bit further south (towards Sussex) at Long's Creek, tiny little gas station/store beside the highway. The Esso also carries a few hooks, lures, swivels, etc...

However, you'd be better off to come prepared. Sometimes these guys run out of worms, and their selection of gear is VERY limited to say the least. Still, they are there if you need 'em. Check and make sure the worms are alive and in good shape before paying for them.

A very important consideration, at least in my case, is that there is a beer/ice store on Hwy 10 just a few kilometres west of McCready's (Coles Island) and in beautiful downtown Cambridge-Narrows at Nan's Store.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.