New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
has anybody ever caught goldfish here? anybody know a place that has any number of them? besides the pet store i mean...lol!
quite a while ago, there was one swimming around lily lake in sj. it had every lure made thrown in it`s general direction, but i don`t think anybody caught it. it was probabley just to easy a target for some fish eating bird. yet i`m in a contest that requires me to catch one, and i don`t think an aquarium is allowed.... anybody have a few extra in their backyard fountain?

i can`t believe i just asked this! lol, fishing is funny sometimes.

·
Streamside Pro Staff ><(((*>
2,366 Posts
[sup]Yes, by all means, DO post on here where one might catch a goldfish. Mua ha ha haaaa!!!
[/sup]

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i had not heard of the sackville tourney, i`ll have to check it out. thanks bucbug!

Stroover, you have your name back! lol! he's teasing because he and BobD are in the same contest - lol!

i have another lead on some goldfish. a little dated, and not an exact location (it was one of the spots they fished that day in the area sort of thing). it`s in BobD`s general area, or so i`ve been told, although i don`t think Bob knows about it. i`ve been looking at the maps on line and see almost a dozen spots it could be. still, that`s a lot less than searching all the fishy places in the province!

anybody else know about the sackville tourney or any other goldfish spot?

·
Registered
492 Posts
hah! I can't see myself chasing after these guys, but I wish you all the luck. I think instead I'll be looking for muskies or sturgeon.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol! they certainly are not my main target! lol!!!
still, i have never caught one with rod and reel. i have caught them by hand, my father used to raise tropical fish. of course those were 3" max. there are 2 other fish in Bob`s general area that are only found there or the closest they get to southern nb, and that`s not counting those muskies. ahhhh so many fish, so little time.

·
Registered
492 Posts
lol! they certainly are not my main target! lol!!!
still, i have never caught one with rod and reel. i have caught them by hand, my father used to raise tropical fish. of course those were 3" max. there are 2 other fish in Bob`s general area that are only found there or the closest they get to southern nb, and that`s not counting those muskies. ahhhh so many fish, so little time.
Heh... ipop, my best chance of beating you is to have you chase goldfish all season! Otherwise you will beat me.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Robert... that entry is the reason goldfish are in the tournament. The UNB list has sort of become the starting point for the list of possible species in the province. The Saint John River watershed from Mactaquac down to the mouth covers a lot of water. heh Something tells me I can't cover it all in my kayak this summer.

·
Streamside Pro Staff ><(((*>
2,366 Posts
Hey ipop, as long as you are in your yak while you catch that goldfish by hand, it'll count, you know!
And I'm with Bob on that one: (can't afford all the gas to chase after a goldfish). But we WILL land a sturgeon on our yaks this year, guys! We're GONNA do it!

·
Registered
107 Posts
There are goldfish in the Irishtown reservoir in Moncton. I would judge some to be about a pound or more.
They were seen near the dam. What to use for bait is a good question. I would use some of the same bait as you would
use for carp. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
thanks robert, that is the first time i have seen distibutions of the species from the unb site, even though it is very general. it does eleminate a lot of water without goldfish. thanks again.

the Irshtown resevoir in Moncton Reg? that's great! near the dam. i will check them out. thanks Reg!

after losing sturgeon from the kayak in 3 different tourneys last year, actulally landing a few would be nice...! i am however very good now at landing cat fish while fishing sturgeon! lol!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts