New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hi, I never fished bass before and I would like to know if there is a strech of canaan river where my chance are good to hook my first one on the fly! (doesn't matter the size..)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey.....Anywhere at the bridge by the Y in the road down is good as the river is open. You can also continue to drive 2 or 3 kms. That is a good stretch as well. Saw people fly fishing there the other night.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Thank you! Went yesterday at the Y but I went upriver. I saw 3 bass jumping but they didn't bite my poppers, minnow and wooly bogger..I caught 6 fall fish (8-9 inches range). There was a little fog on the river, beautiful !

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have great luck using top water poppers. I think the fish the other persoon saw jumping were chubs or shad.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hit the Nashwaak River below Marysville and St John River between train bridge and PM bridge Northside today 8am-12pm by boat. Water levels are still high. Both rivers were full of silt and everything else you can think of:(

Caught one 15" 3lbs smallie nice fish, but that was all. Tried everything in the tackle box!

Hoping to hit the Miramichi/Cains River for some salmon fishing this week:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts