New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey fellas, looking for trout and salmon flies to tie. anybody mind sharing their favorite patterns?

·
Streamside Pro Staff ><(((*>
2,366 Posts
Did you try typing "flies" in the search window on the upper right-hand corner of this web page?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Depends on how good you are but some good starters that are easy to tie and good patterns to fish for trout for me atleast are black knat wet and dry, leadwing coachman, bumblee bee, zug bug, gold ribbed hairs ear renegade...and the ever popular wolly worm, easiest to tie and really effective..harder ones, stonefly for this time of year, grasshopper^patterns are deadly later in the season, both trout and smallmouth, muddler minnows are killer almost anytime, as well as my fav adams irresistble made from deer hair...as for salmon flies most guys always have some green machines, bombers as well as some wets..i a lways have a few rusty rats, black bears undertakers ect there are a lot...one of my fav fly tho a good one i have luck with , and is also a good trout fly is a belly dancer, basically a green machine with a chart belly strip i like one with grizzly hackle a white calf tail and combo of flo red and green but...deadly on sea run trout and salmon like it to on the right days, also just try some homemade patterns you never know what might work, most of my favorite favorite flies are omemade patterns or even slight variations of popular patterns ( on a basic muddler minnow put red quill segments or hackle tips in for wings instead of turkey for example.. caught me a limit of trout on teh msw last june..you never know what might work...hope that gives ya a few ideas to get you started...and like stoover said do a quick search , somewhere there is a thread with a bunch of lists of fav trout and salmon patterns, and a few pics to go by

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thats awesome pond jumper, ive been tying for about a year now, and was just looking to see what the ol boys were tying these days! thanks alot!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts