New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

new to the board and I haven't done much fishing since moving to Fredericton 25 years ago. I took my 10 year old son out to try his luck over the May long weekend and he managed to catch a very small brook trout. We tried Killarney Lake (too windy and cold that day) and a couple of streams off the Ring Road and Claudie Roads.

My question is: would the mouth of the Nashwaak be a good place to take him for some trout fishing or are there some other good sports close by for trout?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello all,

new to the board and I haven't done much fishing since moving to Fredericton 25 years ago. I took my 10 year old son out to try his luck over the May long weekend and he managed to catch a very small brook trout. We tried Killarney Lake (too windy and cold that day) and a couple of streams off the Ring Road and Claudie Roads.

My question is: would the mouth of the Nashwaak be a good place to take him for some trout fishing or are there some other good sports close by for trout?
Well to answer your question first there is some trout in the Nashwaak but they are more upriver right now as when the run starts it is usually pretty good fishing on the Nashwaak but they tend to slow down up around Crow Hill part of the Nashwaak but you can still try anywheres on the river and could possibly catch some trout ,however you could have better luck further upriver. Now at the mouth of the Nashwaak it is a good spot for Muskies and Bass are usually plentyfull in those parts ....................Tight Lines and good luck with your young fella..............Also there are some smaller Brooks that run into the Nashwaak up past Marysville (Millbrook Dam and Stream that runs way out in the woods and has some trout in there as well ,if you need any more help just shootb me a message

·
Registered
438 Posts
Not a lot of really good trout spots but if you just wanna get the young fella out fishing the mouth of hte naashwalk would be a good spot to try, tons of smallmouth, perch ect around there, other spots you might consider are naasis stream, just up the road behind the super store, and also the mactaquac headpond is a great spot to fish, lots of places to fish from shore, and the place is full of fish, everything from perch and sunfish to pickerel and bass, i go up there a lot before work just to catch something, and usually do. There are a few brooks on Rt 10 towards Minto that usually have trout in them, two or 3 of which are really good and close to the road...best bet is to fish them during the week as on the weeknd they get fished pretty hard

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the suggestions.

Quick question about the N'sis stream. Are there spots behind the Superstore or do you need to go upstream by Sunset Dr or the Ring Road?

Also years ago, I was hiking by the Dunbar Falls and noticed people fishing there. Is it still a good spot?

·
Registered
21 Posts
You can park right behind the superstore in Nasis. The stream runs directly behind the store. There is also a city walking trail that follows the stream all the way to the mouth of where it connects to the st. john river. Usually good fishing there as well and the city often puts a warf in right there as well. Lots of perch, pickerl some smallies and even caught trout(in the spring) and a muskie in the stream.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You can park right behind the superstore in Nasis. The stream runs directly behind the store. There is also a city walking trail that follows the stream all the way to the mouth of where it connects to the st. john river. Usually good fishing there as well and the city often puts a warf in right there as well. Lots of perch, pickerl some smallies and even caught trout(in the spring) and a muskie in the stream.
Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts