New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all, i would like to know what should i need to have to start salmon fishing it would be my first time ever and i have never fly fishing before also. would someone give me advise on equipement for my first year and also where to purchase the equipement i'm in the shediac NB..

and also looking for a good fishing rod for my son not the cartoon caracter ones...

Thank you

Gaetan

·
Registered
105 Posts
Eskape anglers in Riverview has a sale on and I noticed complete outfits (rod/reel/line) very resonably priced.the web address is www.eskapeanglers.com The owner Bryant Freeman would certainly be able to steer you right. He is one of the guest flytyers at the fishing forum at the Coliseum in Moncton wrapping up today.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I totally agree with chnclr, you can't go wrong with Bryant Freeman. He's not trying to take advantage of clients like other places. His knowledge is priceless. He has the Redington combo that might interest you. Avoid Better Buys Sports, too many bad experiences from people including myself.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Bryant is definetly the man to see.

On another note does anyone know where to pick up some crawlers looking to go fishing in Scotia this weekend need some worms?

·
Registered
227 Posts
I NEVER pay for crawlers just soak sum ground at night with buckets of water or jsut wait for a dam night or damp morning before sun rises And pick them all over in soil grass liek golf courses and compact mud areas i pick at ngiht when its moist and i get anywhere from 100-200 a night for 1 hour of picking them just as good if not better then taylors crawlers (y) Free no 5 $ for 12 alll freee i love it haha

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hard to beleive maybe But even thought the snow came when it melted I looked around around the sidewalks that has a grass section along it tonight and the old leaves were soaked so I looked around for and hour or less pick around 60 night crawlers tonight
, Free bait is always such a great feeling lol !

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
take an extension cord, cut the socket end of and pull the 2 wires apart, bare the ends and twist them around 2 steel rods. Stick the rods into the ground about 3 or 4 feet apart and then plug the extension cord in. The worms will come out of the ground and you just pick them up. Make sure you unplug the cord before tyou move the rods.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hey jim i haerd of that method but isnt thier a chance or shrot circting or danger with electricty passign threw to rods and back in threw the hosue at such high voltage? Im jsut curious caus eid liek to try but not burn down my house lol

·
Registered
888 Posts
take an extension cord, cut the socket end of and pull the 2 wires apart, bare the ends and twist them around 2 steel rods. Stick the rods into the ground about 3 or 4 feet apart and then plug the extension cord in. The worms will come out of the ground and you just pick them up. Make sure you unplug the cord before tyou move the rods.
I have seen this done and it works amazingly well.
But sorry SF I don't know much about it and wouldn't want to advise you on something I know nothing about. I'm sure someone will chime in soon.
I was only standing by, watching, and shaking my head in disbelief. But believe me, it WORKS.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Ill be the guy to grab the steel rods and die" Former forum memeber 'SeriousFisher' Dies as a result of stupidity in grabing to live wired rod killing him... baha

1 - 20 of 29 Posts