New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know any smaller streams where I might net some Gaspareau?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hey, they aren't running my way yet but usually early may they come into Ritchie lake. They school around the caldrons by the road. As soon as I see em I'll drop you a message.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Another good place is Lonewater Farm. Both Ritchie and Lonewater have tons of them when they are running.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So maybe some nets or jigs right at the bridge would be a good place? Im in Rothesay so its pretty close

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have never seen it but apparetly a friend of the family has said right at the bridge in fredericton junction there are hundreds swimming over each other and you can net em pretty easy. i was talking with her about it this past weekend and she will be takin me out for it this year im assuming it would be soon?

*Edit so that would be the route 101 right around curries island

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
gaspereaux are the only fish that i have seen so many in a stream that you really could walk across them - crazy! i just reached in, grabbed one, dropped it back, reached again, grabbed another one. then a guy cast just twenty feet up and landed a nice 16" trout, i couldn`t believe the trout would hit while surrounded by gaspereaux. there were 4 generations of some familys getting gaspereaux that day, just in that one spot..

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Jordon - Is that the stream that runs into our out of Whirl lake? If so I know there are a ton of Gaspereaux in whirl

·
Streamside Pro Staff ><(((*>
2,366 Posts
gaspereaux are the only fish that i have seen so many in a stream that you really could walk across them - crazy! i just reached in, grabbed one, dropped it back, reached again, grabbed another one. then a guy cast just twenty feet up and landed a nice 16" trout, i couldn`t believe the trout would hit while surrounded by gaspereaux. there were 4 generations of some familys getting gaspereaux that day, just in that one spot..
ipop, why you wanna tease people like that, eh?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Moodus - i am not sure where whril lake is, i tried to google map it aswell but no luck for a NB whirl lake, i traced it by google maps and it looks like it conects to the Oromocto lake.

-Jordan

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Whirl Lake is in the town of Whirl up by Welsford, it used to be the best and biggest Pickeral fishing Ive ever seen but since they knocked the beaver damn out it seems to have dies out, you still get a good days fishing in but no where near what it used to be.

·
Registered
540 Posts
ipop, why you wanna tease people like that, eh?
That isn't teasing Stroover.. I too have seen Gaspereau and Suckers stacked up so much they are pushing each other out of the water onto land...

·
Registered
184 Posts
Moodus - i am not sure where whril lake is, i tried to google map it aswell but no luck for a NB whirl lake, i traced it by google maps and it looks like it conects to the Oromocto lake.

-Jordan
I think it should be spelled as "Wirral".

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have never seen it but apparetly a friend of the family has said right at the bridge in fredericton junction there are hundreds swimming over each other and you can net em pretty easy. i was talking with her about it this past weekend and she will be takin me out for it this year im assuming it would be soon?

*Edit so that would be the route 101 right around curries island
Is that before or after the Irving? That water is pretty wide isnt it?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts