New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

New guy here. haha Wondering if anyone can tell me some good little fishing spots around Sussex? Where your pretty much guaranteed to catch something at least once during the day haha.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hello Rylan and welcome. Can't guarantee any particular spot. Directly behind Sobeys there is easy acess to the river. That stretch is usually pretty good, but itnis all flooded out at the moment. You might drop in to Sussex Outfitters on Main St and chat with the owner to see what he is hearing from different guys.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I didn't know that there was a fishing store in Sussex.
He carries hunting and fishing gear. Mostly focused on hunting, limited fishing inventory (to be fair I have not been in the shop since January so he may have expanded his fishing stock this year). Nice guy.

·
Streamside Pro Staff ><(((*>
2,366 Posts
Hey Exstreamefisherman, there's Sussex Outfitters (609 Main st.) as well as Moffat's Hardware (23 Broad St.) who sells a lot of fishing and hunting supplies.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, yeah the water is high. Went out last night to a couple places that were good last year, and not even a nibble.haha

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
just give it another day or two Rylan, they are just turning on again after the rain - very finicky today.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Will do! Picked up some new lures yesterday. Fished for a total of 6 hours this week in 2 days and haven't got a bite haha.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yep I am familiar with Waterford. I am just using an Uglystik and a Shakespear reel. Nothing fancy. Assortment of spinner baits, spinners, jigs and crank baits. More so looking for some nice brookies for the time being until it warms up a tad.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hey Rylan,

Has the fishing picked up any yet? I use an Ugly Stick as well (5 foot two piece) light action with an expensive Aby Garcia spincast reel. Get a brookie on that and look out. Feels like a whale. LOL What us using for bait? I have not used a worm in 2 years now.....using Berkley Gulp Conr Nibletts for bait. Works awseome. I post some vids on Youtube at: www.youtube.com/kayakfisher63

·
Registered
13 Posts
Could someone tell me which part of the Kennebecasis is C&R only in the Sussex area? At the mine, down Mccully station down to the bridge--is it the upstream side for c&r only or downstream? Thanks for the help.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts