New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Three of us went to French lake yesterday and we landed 33 pickerel 18 perch for the day. If it was not for the very heavy wind in the afternoon and evening I am sure we would have doubled our numbers. It was a great day.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Three of us went to French lake yesterday and we landed 33 pickerel 18 perch for the day. If it was not for the very heavy wind in the afternoon and evening I am sure we would have doubled our numbers. It was a great day.
How easy it is to drop a boat down there?

·
Registered
492 Posts
At the south end of French Lake near Lakeville, route 690 crosses the connector between French and Maquapit Lakes with two steel bridges. You can't miss them. There are 3 or 4 places to launch right there that are readily visible. It is also possible to launch at the top of French lake at the end of Sand Point Rd. However it is a smaller launch area with limited parking.

·
Registered
395 Posts
At the south end of French Lake near Lakeville, route 690 crosses the connector between French and Maquapit Lakes with two steel bridges. You can't miss them. There are 3 or 4 places to launch right there that are readily visible. It is also possible to launch at the top of French lake at the end of Sand Point Rd. However it is a smaller launch area with limited parking.
Awesome, thanks!

·
Registered
110 Posts
We put in at Sand Point Rd and had not problems. This is closer to where we fished. We just put the truck along the side out of the way.

We did have an awesome day.....but that wind....oh well can not control the wind.
I just wrote in my blog and some pics show some nice ones. Feel free to take a look.
Biggest of the day was 24 1/2 inches.
My blog post for yesterday is at: http://fishingfunnb.blogspot.com/2010/07/fishing-new-brunswick-french-lake.html

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey Habs I have to say that the day I was out with you and Casey was one of my best days of the entire year. It's great fun when we can all get out together like that. I think we should have had another boat with someone shoot video of us. It would have been good for a good laugh or two I am sure.

It would be good if the three of us got out at least one more time before the season closes on us.

Wasn't that the day I broke my old personal record for a chain pickerel.
Oh yeah!! And got the biggest pickerel of the day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts