New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have not heard but I bet the water is still a bit high.

·
Registered
438 Posts
there was 2 tournies on the weeknd french lake in geary and french indian on lakeville corener, i fished the one in lakeville corner, turnout was low, mostly because of weather and a few went to geary im guessing. Fishing wasnt to bad considering water was really high and it was really windy...i had quite the ride down the main lake in my little 12ft aluminum, the wind seemed to be throwing me around more than the waves. First place i believe was 24 inches, down to 23 something for 3rd.I had really good fishing as far as numbers, i landed 26 and lost another half dozen, but just couldnt get on the big guys, they were all the same size between 16 ann 21 inches. The lake was full of june run gaspereau which is likely why the real big boys werent hungry, i caught a 20 ncher that had a gasperasux half way down its throat and still took my 1\2 oz spinner bait...my uncle fished the geary tourny and said a lot of boats but very poor fishing, atleast for him and his partner..my best bait was big spinner baits, pealtr shad and solid red seemed to be the best colors, also got a few on red devil and to wobblers, as well as big husky jerks...everything else they wouldnt touch

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
there was 2 tournies on the weeknd french lake in geary and french indian on lakeville corener, i fished the one in lakeville corner, turnout was low, mostly because of weather and a few went to geary im guessing. Fishing wasnt to bad considering water was really high and it was really windy...i had quite the ride down the main lake in my little 12ft aluminum, the wind seemed to be throwing me around more than the waves. First place i believe was 24 inches, down to 23 something for 3rd.I had really good fishing as far as numbers, i landed 26 and lost another half dozen, but just couldnt get on the big guys, they were all the same size between 16 ann 21 inches. The lake was full of june run gaspereau which is likely why the real big boys werent hungry, i caught a 20 ncher that had a gasperasux half way down its throat and still took my 1\2 oz spinner bait...my uncle fished the geary tourny and said a lot of boats but very poor fishing, atleast for him and his partner..my best bait was big spinner baits, pealtr shad and solid red seemed to be the best colors, also got a few on red devil and to wobblers, as well as big husky jerks...everything else they wouldnt touch
tks for the update pond jumper, dad and i wer going to go over from pei but i coulnt get the day off, hopefully we'll be over for the next one, do u have any idea when the other tournies will be? Lake was right to the bank at the cottage last time we wer over and only about 2 ft from the bridges at lakeville corner, can u get under the bridges yet with boat?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts