New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody been to French Lake (jemseg)lately. Is the water finally gone down and how is the fishing?/May give it one last shot on Fri or go to the St John river for bass

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hi! Casey, I was there on saturday sept. 10, water was extremely high, never fished the lake with that much water, everything was flooded, I could go right over the mash grass everywhere, I fished for about 2 1/2 hours and never got a single bite. This past sunday I went to chipman, water was still a bit high but fishable, I managed to hook a few nice ones, it was the nicest fishing weather I had this year, almost dead calm and sunny. How's your fishing season going so far, saw that nice stiper you caught, congrats. Ron

·
Registered
110 Posts
It is just crazy how high the water has been on the St.John River system. Thinking if people want to try fishing bass or pickerel before the season is over is to try a lake that is not connected to a major river system. Where I live, that means a longer drive but if it means better fishing it would be worth while.

·
Registered
110 Posts
It is just crazy how high the water has been on the St.John River system. Thinking if people want to try fishing bass or pickerel before the season is over is to try a lake that is not connected to a major river system. Where I live, that means a longer drive but if it means better fishing it would be worth while.
I agree...I dont fish lakes that often that are not connected to the SJR system but the fishing this year for me on the SJR hasnt been that good. late June early july it started off good once the water level was close to normal but sense then its been high and I havnt had much luck compared to past yrs. We took a day and hit a lake for some smallies a few weeks ago and it was the best fishing I had all summer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts