New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Guys

Has anyone attended or planning to attend the weekly Wednesday evening flytying night at Fredericton Outfitters? They are in the old Katherine Cairns Munn House in Marsyville, northside of Fredericton.

Bill G.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I've been going each week and do enjoy the evening. Everyone is welcome and everyone from beginners to advanced tyers show up. One of the employees at FOA teaches a table of beginners and the rest of us offer tips to each other.I have been tying for nearly 40 years and have learned so new tricks tying feather wing flies.
Also some people just come to watch and talk. All in all it is very laid back evening .

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks for the info chnclr.......not quite sure the location is and what time is best to show up? Does it cost at the door?

·
Registered
105 Posts
The business location is on Canada St in Marysville (Fredericton North) 2 or 3 doors up from the Irving station at the lights. If you are coming in from down river on the St John R take rte 8 (right) at the Princess Margrette bridge and follow rte 8 to Canada St.Canada St is at the second set of lights after turning right onto rte 8.
The sessions start at 6:00 pm and last to 8:30 or 9:00. There is no charge and if you need any materials when you arrive the store will be open to purchase them. There is a parking lot behind the store and the door at the back by the ramp nornmally has a sign directing you to the 3rd floor

·
Registered
21 Posts
ok i know of the place! I thought so but wasn't sure and i see its the third floor. You have been a great help and i thank you! I knew someday i would venture this path.........just not so soon but i really overwhelm myself sometimes as i like to learn. lol and sleeping can be overrated lol

Thanks again and i hope to say Hello

1 - 8 of 8 Posts