New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be in Fredericton for the long weekend. Anyone got any suggested spots that will GUARANTEE stripers? I am starting a diet in a couple weeks lol, and one of the few fish listed as ok to eat is striper bass lol! WILL FISH FOR FOOD ! hehe! Thanks and appreciate any response! cell number is 506-260-9576 from Freddy, Thanks again

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is smallmouth listed. You can get them all along the river.
The only fish listed are seabass or striper bass............. So I need to stick to the letter of the law vs the spirit of it ! I WANT to lose weight lol, so whatever it say I am gonnna go by !

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The only fish listed are seabass or striper bass............. So I need to stick to the letter of the law vs the spirit of it ! I WANT to lose weight lol, so whatever it say I am gonnna go by !
No, just striped bass or sea bass........... I know where all the small mouths are on the nashwak , but I need the big boys to be legal lol. I want to lose weight so I am gonna follow this exactly ! lol

·
Registered
91 Posts
Best of luck with trying to find a striper around Fredericton. They are few and far between as the old saying goes. You'd be better off trying the Reversing Falls, Kenebacasis near Hampton or the Gagetown/Jemseg areas.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Best of luck with trying to find a striper around Fredericton. They are few and far between as the old saying goes. You'd be better off trying the Reversing Falls, Kenebacasis near Hampton or the Gagetown/Jemseg areas.
Where around Jemseg would I find them? Underneath the Transcanada bridge a decent spot?

·
Registered
357 Posts
I will be in Fredericton for the long weekend. Anyone got any suggested spots that will GUARANTEE stripers? I am starting a diet in a couple weeks lol, and one of the few fish listed as ok to eat is striper bass lol! WILL FISH FOR FOOD ! hehe! Thanks and appreciate any response! cell number is 506-260-9576 from Freddy, Thanks again
Buddy if the fishing is as slow in Freddy as it is in Saint John, you should lose a crap load of weight in no time! GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Around Jemseg try where the Jemseg enters the Saint John, the mouth of Hart's Lake and the mouth of Swan Creek; or so I've been told. I still haven't hooked one yet. The time to fish is when the tide's running out at its strongest.
GMAC's right, you could be in for a very successful diet - starvation!

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
mikep, nothing is gauranteed in fishing, but in the freddie area, just as a suggestion, try below the lower bridge at any point that sticks out and shows current. this normaly means towards low tide. keep in mind the "low tide" wil work it's way up stream over time, and probabley so should you. the outer mouth of the nashwalk should also hold a few (and maybe a muskie or 2 too!).

i'm down in sj, still catch'n them, but no size or numbers to speak of - maybe tonight?!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mikep, nothing is gauranteed in fishing, but in the freddie area, just as a suggestion, try below the lower bridge at any point that sticks out and shows current. this normaly means towards low tide. keep in mind the "low tide" wil work it's way up stream over time, and probabley so should you. the outer mouth of the nashwalk should also hold a few (and maybe a muskie or 2 too!).

i'm down in sj, still catch'n them, but no size or numbers to speak of - maybe tonight?!
GOOD LUCK ! ! ! !

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
same to you mike. i'm thinking redhead or blue mack for crank, bluegill for storm. how about you?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
same to you mike. i'm thinking redhead or blue mack for crank, bluegill for storm. how about you?
Well, from what I have been reading on line. The best stuff to use is bait ! Some prefer bunker, others prefer fresh from the shell clams. But they all swear by some kinda bait. Some even say shrimp are really good, I think I am gonna try some bait on the way down to Freddy next friday. I gonna leave some shrimp out for a few days to get good and "ripe" and with any kinda luck I may catch a sturgeon lol! But I want them stripers, and supposedly from everything I read, they go for bait!

Just an FYI

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
big chunked mackeral was the only thing that got hit fishing in my area last night. unfortunately it broke off, so the guy fishing it didn't get to even see the striper. it's hard to work smaller bait down here - the eels are just pounding it.
i've never seen bunker here, but i know they hit suckers. be carefull of the live bait rules, i'd just use dead bait in the freddy area to be safe if you don't know where the tidal line is (which exact spot is escaping me at the moment...lol)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
big chunked mackeral was the only thing that got hit fishing in my area last night. unfortunately it broke off, so the guy fishing it didn't get to even see the striper. it's hard to work smaller bait down here - the eels are just pounding it.
i've never seen bunker here, but i know they hit suckers. be carefull of the live bait rules, i'd just use dead bait in the freddy area to be safe if you don't know where the tidal line is (which exact spot is escaping me at the moment...lol)
You wanna come hang out and drop a line Ipop? lol, never hurts to ask

·
Registered
22 Posts
Mike, I head down to the Jemseg area later in Septembre, often just by myself... send me an email and maybe we could join up. I know the 17-18th is out as we will be down at Oak Pt, but other than that, I'm usually pestering the stripers in that area until deer season starts.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mike, I head down to the Jemseg area later in Septembre, often just by myself... send me an email and maybe we could join up. I know the 17-18th is out as we will be down at Oak Pt, but other than that, I'm usually pestering the stripers in that area until deer season starts.
Will do, thanks!

·
Registered
184 Posts
you can never guarantee stripers, but i know a few likely spots. let me know when you will be in freddy and i can try to help you hook into one (or maybe a muskie) i dont have a boat, but i know a couple likely spots for shore fishing, and if you want to use live bait, i know a place where we can catch a bunch of chub in a hurry!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
How bout Friday Evening bout 6:30-7? I get off work at 5:30 in moncton, and am headin home for the weekend. So Jemseg is on the way home, and I don't mind stoppin to fish ! I can get bait or whatever else before I head home, just need to know what for sure to grab. I got some shrimp that are gettin ripe, and worms, and lures, but I NEEDA FEEEEESSSSHHHH! = addicted to fishing !

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
mikep, we may be able to hook up later for some double duty striper and muskie fishing, this weekend i'm recovering from vacation...and there's a storm surge...so i'll be close to sj most likely.

hey jay, weren't you the one catching all the stripers while muskie fishing last year?

derek, same plan as last year? tight lines!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts