New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I am new to fishing but I like it alot. I would like it more if I could catch some trout in fork stream in Coles Island area. I been fishing there a few times here and there but all I catch is whitefish. Is there no trout or am I just not going at the right times? My father in law owns a camp in the area and would like to know more info. Thanks in advanced. Also, is whitefish good to eat??

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hey Cruz, your bike was spotted today. I haven't fished in that way for quite a few years but I think spring was the best time for trout. There are bass and pickerel in the canaan river now so it wouldn't surprise me that trout population is low or non existent.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just looked up Chub fish and I'm 99% sure that what I was catching.It is a silver scaled fish. Are they good to eat?

And hi Styk, I had my bike parked by the new bridge next to the old saw mill. Did you pass by? i heard and seen some atvs but didnt see you.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I've eaten chub and they aren't bad. Probably the boniest fish I've ever eaten and they are better out of cold water.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I just looked up Chub fish and I'm 99% sure that what I was catching.It is a silver scaled fish. Are they good to eat?

And hi Styk, I had my bike parked by the new bridge next to the old saw mill. Did you pass by? i heard and seen some atvs but didnt see you.
I sure did, kickin myself for not bringing along a fishing rod

1 - 7 of 7 Posts