New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking for some in-put or how to information on cleaning my fly line. Tried Youtube with " iffy success " , wondering what you guys might do.
any information would be apreceated

·
Streamside Pro Staff ><(((*>
2,366 Posts
I just buy fly line cleaner or dressing (whatever it's called) from crappy tire and apply some to a cotton pad (my wife uses them to clean makeup off her face or something or other). Then I start at one end, pinching the cotton pad tightly around the fly line with one hand, then pull the flyline through all the way to the other end with the other hand. When I get to the end, I re-fold the cotton pad as to not repeat the line through the first pass, and do it over again, about a douzen or more times (until the cotton comes out without a black line through it). I do this prior to the opener, and I'll do it again midway through.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I tie one end of the leader attached to the line to a fence in my backyard and walk the line out to another point where I tie the backing off off to another bush, tree, whatever so the whole line is suspended about chest height . Then I walk along the line with a pad loaded with Armor all just like Stroover describes. Takes about 5 minutes.

This cleans the line and polishes it, and oyu're good to go.

·
Streamside Pro Staff ><(((*>
2,366 Posts
I tie one end of the leader attached to the line to a fence in my backyard and walk the line out to another point where I tie the backing off off to another bush, tree, whatever so the whole line is suspended about chest height . Then I walk along the line with a pad loaded with Armor all just like Stroover describes. Takes about 5 minutes.

This cleans the line and polishes it, and oyu're good to go.
Armourall??? No $**t! Why didn't I think of that? That's brilliant, boys!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Armourall??? No $**t! Why didn't I think of that? That's brilliant, boys!
I use ArmorAll well, what works fine for me is the ArmorAll wipes, I clean my truck and my fishing lines
at the same time haha... but seriously tho, the wipes is awesome compare to the spray bottle

1 - 7 of 7 Posts