New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys,
just to let everyone know that i had great fly fishing in a secret spot in north river this weekend of june 3, I caught and released about 40 trout all between 7-10 inch range and i kept 2 trout one was 9" and the other one was 12". Caught and released all of those trout on my 4wt. great fun.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good to hear for you buds - I was out on the River, 3 spots between Salisbury (Old Fred Rd) and Petitcodiac, never had so much as a nibble.

Gotta say though, Little River sure seems to be producing very good results, some 7 inchers, lots of 10 to 13 inchers and even some sea-run trout this past week - up stream of the Colpitts Settlement Road - Give it a try, enjoy

·
Registered
132 Posts
yeh buddy of mine was on the little river and said he was right in the middle of a sea run and has never seen it soo good in a long time 2-3 lbs was the average. I hope this is a sign of good things to come, would be nice to see salmon back up this way im my life time.
what fly would you use on the little river

·
Banned
169 Posts
grew up on the North river...always a good steam to fish when the trout run is on...before the water warms up

use the same flies on the little river as you would on the North or Petty river

·
Registered
138 Posts
grew up on the North river...always a good steam to fish when the trout run is on...before the water warms up

use the same flies on the little river as you would on the North or Petty river
thanks for your replies everyone, i only get to fly fish north river only like 3 times because my uncle lives in petitcodiac, i wish i could do lots more fishing their. if you were wondering what fly i was using, it was a size 12 sedge caddis fly. they were going crazy for that. All the trout that i was catching weren't sea-trout i don't think, how can you tell??

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good to hear for you buds - I was out on the River, 3 spots between Salisbury (Old Fred Rd) and Petitcodiac, never had so much as a nibble.

Gotta say though, Little River sure seems to be producing very good results, some 7 inchers, lots of 10 to 13 inchers and even some sea-run trout this past week - up stream of the Colpitts Settlement Road - Give it a try, enjoy
are you fly fishing or you using worm?

·
Registered
395 Posts
I went at this place twice and no luck (but this was like 2 years ago) maybe it wasn't the good timing or I was not fishing at the good place ha ha - I should try it again I guess

·
Registered
132 Posts
sea trout will be more silver like a salmon trout that have been in the river for a while will be darker in colour

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeh buddy of mine was on the little river and said he was right in the middle of a sea run and has never seen it soo good in a long time 2-3 lbs was the average. I hope this is a sign of good things to come, would be nice to see salmon back up this way im my life time.
what fly would you use on the little river
ahhhh cool, was your buddy fly fishing?? if so what fly was he using, and what time of year was he fishing.??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts