New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fished yesterday evening and there where different looking bugs on the water. I used an orange slime the and alley shrimp. I had seen 3 salmon roll for live flies and numerous small fish. I had intended to put on a #8 or 10 dry fly but the other guy in the pool was using an alley and hook a salmon (didn't land). When I see that, should I be going to a small dry fly? If so, is there a particular one for this time of year?

·
Registered
298 Posts
I fished yesterday evening and there where different looking bugs on the water. I used an orange slime the and alley shrimp. I had seen 3 salmon roll for live flies and numerous small fish. I had intended to put on a #8 or 10 dry fly but the other guy in the pool was using an alley and hook a salmon (didn't land). When I see that, should I be going to a small dry fly? If so, is there a particular one for this time of year?
moose this is a box of flies for fall fishing tossing any of those at the right time and place will land you a salmon. here is the link http://newbrunswickfishing.com/forums/index.php?/gallery/image/247-fall-patterns-for-salmon/

1 - 2 of 2 Posts