New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going fishing for flounder on the weekend for the first time and I don't know know how to catch them. What bait or lures should I use? What rig should I use? How should I fish for them.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I am going fishing for flounder on the weekend for the first time and I don't know know how to catch them. What bait or lures should I use? What rig should I use? How should I fish for them.
flounder are fun and easy to catch! just a worm and some weight to take it to the bottom should do the trick. flounders will eat just about anything.

my 'secret' weapon is a walleye worm harness with a 1oz weight to keep it down deep. the spinner blade calls them in like a dinner bell from distance. just fish it slow enough to keep it just above the bottom.

dont forget your needle nosed pliers. flounder are notorious for swallowing hooks. i like to use a long-shank aberdeen hook for ease of hook removal.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
flounder are fun and easy to catch! just a worm and some weight to take it to the bottom should do the trick. flounders will eat just about anything.

my 'secret' weapon is a walleye worm harness with a 1oz weight to keep it down deep. the spinner blade calls them in like a dinner bell from distance. just fish it slow enough to keep it just above the bottom.

dont forget your needle nosed pliers. flounder are notorious for swallowing hooks. i like to use a long-shank aberdeen hook for ease of hook removal.
What's a walleye harness.

·
Registered
184 Posts
a walleye worm harness is a snelled hook with some beads and a spinner blade. google it for pics.

·
Registered
161 Posts
When I am fishing for flounder at the beaver harbor warf I just cast I out as far as I can, let I sink to the bottom, and reel it in slowly. Am I doing it right or is the a different technique.
Also, What should the tide be when I am fishing.

·
Registered
21 Posts
When im fishing flounder anywhere i just cast out let it sink to the bottom and reel if in slowly. once the line is right next to the warf then i fish it like ipop said. raise it slowly then lower it. let it sit there for awhile then raise and lower it again. Fishing flounder is very relaxed just kinda sitting there sorta deal. Bring a chair sit down and relax. wait for the bite from the fish.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts