New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
nice! can't wait to pick'em up! I can tonight or I have an appt tomorrow afternoon in town at 3pm can stop over after.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Actually Zamboner that is a Carter's bug. Tied green with a red centre of deer hair clipped. This is one of Bryant's farvorites. It is indeed a green Carter's bug.

Thanks for the compliments - lots of years of practice and Bryant's how to's.

·
Registered
28 Posts
yup those are green carters in the top left. look almost as good as mr. freemans one of my go to flys for when i feel like using a dry fly.

·
Registered
250 Posts
GM what do you call your yellow bugs? or is that a dumb question and they are just "yellow bugs"
I had great luck with a similar fly I tied for a trip to the Kedgwick, although mine look sick compared to yours.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here's the link to Bryant's method of tying the Carter's but. Just use green deer hair and a red joint (mid section) of deer hair for the ones in the photo. Tied the same way.

CARTER'S BUG

·
Registered
576 Posts
went up to the cains last night... water was super duper HIGH! managed to get several rolls on the green machine with the 2 tone butt w white calf tail and had a grilse torpedo out of the water at the green carters bug.. it hit the fly and kept on going! i tried to set the hook but i don't think I had a chance! lol

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was at Bryant's today around 11:00 am and there was a guy there waiting for Bryant to finish up an identical fly. Funny how the word gets out eh??

Good to hear you are having some luck.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Do you guys all use Carter's Bugs? I've never tied one on before!

It looks awesome. Gonna have to put that one on my list.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts