New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it illegal to fish for pickerel in the Washademoak Lake this time of year. It's tidal water and I've been told by many people that you don't need a licence to fish in tidal water, and you can do it year round... Is this true??

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Pickerel aren't sportfish and I have been told a few times by the officials that they are legal year round in tidal water

·
Streamside Pro Staff ><(((*>
2,366 Posts
Yep, in tidal water you can fish year round and keep non-sport fish. Since pickerel are non-sportfish, you're good to go.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Heading out this afternoon to try out my new fishing kayak, hopefully catch a few pickerel, and figure out what modifications I need to make to the boat before fishing season starts.

·
Streamside Pro Staff ><(((*>
2,366 Posts
Heading out this afternoon to try out my new fishing kayak, hopefully catch a few pickerel, and figure out what modifications I need to make to the boat before fishing season starts.
You will find a drif sock or an anchor with anchor trolley to be quite helpful, if there isn't much current where you're going. Rod holders are a sweet deal too!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Picked up a Perception Sport Pescador, essentially the same as a older Tarpon 120. Not sure where I am going to head out to yet, it'll depend on what's opened up and if this snow/rain holds off.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've got a Scotty rod holder to mount before I head out, I have all the rigging for a anchor, I just want to get out and get a feel for the kayak before I start putting in cleats/pulleys.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Any success in and around the Washdomoak? I am headed there tomorrow for the weekend and was hoping I might be able to get a line wet.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Was able to find a bit of open water up around Jemseg this weekend. Didn't catch anything, didn't really expect to catch anything, just looking to get the gear figured out for the year.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts