New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering were you are able to fish? I know that things have changed from last year. Can you fish bait or lures now until June then fly after that or What? The main salmon pools all close at the end of June Correct that is the way that i read it but you are able to fish the river every were els. What is everyone using to catch the early trout right now? seen some people fishing in Florenceville-Bristol today.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Just wondering were you are able to fish? I know that things have changed from last year. Can you fish bait or lures now until June then fly after that or What? The main salmon pools all close at the end of June Correct that is the way that i read it but you are able to fish the river every were els. What is everyone using to catch the early trout right now? seen some people fishing in Florenceville-Bristol today.
NB Rules

And then there is also this......

Variation Order

Department of Natural Resources Quota Variation Order NB-2011-001, issued on April 12, 2011, increased the daily trout bag limit in the Upper Saint John Recreational Fishing Area from five (5) fish to (10) fish, effective immediately. This area encompasses the waters of the St. John River and its tributaries upstream of the covered bridge at Hartland, excluding lakes and boundary waters between Maine and New Brunswick.

The daily bag limit is ten (10) trout in aggregate of arctic char, brook trout, brown trout, lake trout or rainbow trout, but not more than two (2) lake trout and/or (2) brown trout.

bullet The variation order - Fisheries and Oceans Canada

·
Registered
122 Posts
Where does one find this new bag limit law? As I recall reading a couple weeks ago, someone was thinking about getting the limit up, but it wasn't law...And that was around the eleventh...I'd call DNR before I'd trust hear say. Not saying it isn't true, but the article I read did not say the limit is up...And I read every day.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Where does one find this new bag limit law? As I recall reading a couple weeks ago, someone was thinking about getting the limit up, but it wasn't law...And that was around the eleventh...I'd call DNR before I'd trust hear say. Not saying it isn't true, but the article I read did not say the limit is up...And I read every day.
Go here

NB Fishing Rules

and here is the actual variation at DFO site

Variation

1 - 4 of 4 Posts