New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking for some good fishing spots from shore. I don't have access to a boat anymore, but must continue fishing. Anything would be helpful, docks, piers, launches etc, fresh or salt water. Thanks.

·
Registered
492 Posts
The area around the mouth of the Nashwaak River can be productive at times. It does get a lot of fishing so it can be hit and miss though. If you go up to Marysville just below the bridge you are still in tidal water so the bass season is extended longer. I've caught nice bass there.

The headpond has some spots you can fish from shore. There is the causeway that leads over to the Mactaquac park. There is also a second causeway that is on the Keswick Ridge road. Or if you travel up the old trans canada above the dam there are a couple of little causeways. They can be quite productive at times.

You can fish almost anywhere along the Saint John River bank except the area from the Mactaquac Dam down to I line from the Hartt's Island Resort over to a place on the North Side. Check the guidelines to determine exactly where.

The mouth of the Oromocto River can also have good bass fishing I'm told. I've never fished there but I hear good things about it.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
bobd covered the bass areas very well. for pickerel i would add in both french lakes. they both get fished a lot, but there is tons of pickerel in them. for the french lake/sunbury park area, try walking/wading the shore to either side of the parks beach. for the french/grand lake area try at the bridges and to the right of the boat launch (the end of sandy rd i believe) right out to and around the point. there is a nice hole near shore on this lake right at the end of the houses on the way to the point, where the shore changes from grass to bush. i have a buddy who always catches a pickwerel right from the launch there.
lots of perch and sunnies at both lakes too.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
the water is so high and stained if not muddy, it makes for slow fishing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts