New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was up Tuesday afternoon and lost a grilse on a butterfly on the Renous. Fished over on the Little Southwest in the evening. Hooked a grilse on an Echo Beach and lost that one shortly after the grab. Fished some more and hooked an acrobatic grilse on a green machine and he came off after going bananas for about 15 seconds. Then I hooked into a nice large salmon on a green machine. I faught the fish for 5 minutes until I had him into the shallows and snapped him off. I put the binders on him hard the whole time and only after having him close by did the 8 lbs leader snap off.

Then I went back up with a buddy on Wednesday and he released a grilse on the Renous using a dark green chenille green machine #4 with only a few strands of crystal flash off the back end. Then we went over to the Little Southwest where he hooked a grilse on the same fly but it came off after a few jumps. Then we returned to the Renous for the evening and he landed a nice grilse on the same fly after changing over to it when he continued to roll the same fish on a Shady Lady. I was lucky to have landed a nice fat grilse on the Renous that evening on a green machine.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I was up Tuesday afternoon and lost a grilse on a butterfly on the Renous. Fished over on the Little Southwest in the evening. Hooked a grilse on an Echo Beach and lost that one shortly after the grab. Fished some more and hooked an acrobatic grilse on a green machine and he came off after going bananas for about 15 seconds. Then I hooked into a nice large salmon on a green machine. I faught the fish for 5 minutes until I had him into the shallows and snapped him off. I put the binders on him hard the whole time and only after having him close by did the 8 lbs leader snap off.

Then I went back up with a buddy on Wednesday and he released a grilse on the Renous using a dark green chenille green machine #4 with only a few strands of crystal flash off the back end. Then we went over to the Little Southwest where he hooked a grilse on the same fly but it came off after a few jumps. Then we returned to the Renous for the evening and he landed a nice grilse on the same fly after changing over to it when he continued to roll the same fish on a Shady Lady. I was lucky to have landed a nice fat grilse on the Renous that evening on a green machine.
Hey Green as you seen Chad and I were up there and I'm telling you the entire system is full of fish, we did some scouting when we went and made it to the narrows beautiful spot !!! and there was fish there so that tells me that the salmon have been just flying up the river. The flies your posting do you tie them yourself ? If so nice work my man hope to see you on the river someday.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I know what you mean. The rivers are full of fish. Some spots fishing better then others as the higher water dictates.

Thanks for the compliments on the flies. I have been tying for 25 years. Won many contest and prizes from here to Ireland.

Last year at this time I only had a few hooked and landed but his year is incredible. I got 24 hooked of which 15 were landed and 6 of those were big salmon. Took a few home for the BBQ.

I need to get myself a good set of forceps as I will be releasing as long as they are taking.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts