New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother and I are heading to Grand Manan on Sunday July 31 to do some salt water fishing can anyone tell me the best warf to fish from? What fish to go after and what to use? We enjoy catching any type of saltwater spieces. Also we are taking the car so will be able to move around if we need to. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
the harbour beside the ferry landing is okay but i did most of my fishing there at seal cove. there are lots of fish at both but more options at seal cove. for fish, there are mackerel, polluck, flounder, smelts, scalpin and even the occasional striper and bigger ground fish like skates (a form of ray). there is also some trout fishing in the 2 ponds, but i leave those small trout for the locals (there are so many salt water fish!!) ask a few locals in both spots - they will tell you what`s running and what tide to fish them (constantly changing with the tide - you mostly want to fish the rising tide and high tide), but there is almost always something near the wharfs or castable distance from shore.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I as well am headimg over on friday going to try my luck at all the water over there.. going to try seaworms off the docks and flies and bass gear in the ponds.. Wish i had my float tubes here would of been perfect for the ponds...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I as well am headimg over on friday going to try my luck at all the water over there.. going to try seaworms off the docks and flies and bass gear in the ponds.. Wish i had my float tubes here would of been perfect for the ponds...
So My brother and I went over to Grand Manan like I said on sunday July 31 and we had a great day!
first off saw a whale and a bunch of other marine life on the trip over. When we arrived we went straight to Seal Cove and started fishing. We were using the mackeral rigs with the silver and gold tinsel and were catching 12"-14" harbour Pollock 2 and 3 at a time on the rigs. What a blast, they are extremly hard fighting fish to our surprise. We stayed there for about 2 and half hours then decided to head back to the warf beside the ferry terminal. We caught a few more Pollock there as well as a few scalpin, a flounder, 2 small cod and of course as Murphy's law would have it the mackeral bite turned on around 6 oclock and we had to catch the last ferry at 7 lol.
So now I'm planning another trip over this coming weekend! Just thought I'd share guys.

·
Registered
125 Posts
So My brother and I went over to Grand Manan like I said on sunday July 31 and we had a great day!
first off saw a whale and a bunch of other marine life on the trip over. When we arrived we went straight to Seal Cove and started fishing. We were using the mackeral rigs with the silver and gold tinsel and were catching 12"-14" harbour Pollock 2 and 3 at a time on the rigs. What a blast, they are extremly hard fighting fish to our surprise. We stayed there for about 2 and half hours then decided to head back to the warf beside the ferry terminal. We caught a few more Pollock there as well as a few scalpin, a flounder, 2 small cod and of course as Murphy's law would have it the mackeral bite turned on around 6 oclock and we had to catch the last ferry at 7 lol.
So now I'm planning another trip over this coming weekend! Just thought I'd share guys.
I as well had a great weekend over on the grand.. Friday was a full day of macks and big pollock llike you said 2 3 and one full load 4 at once that i had to hand line up.. Seal cove was a wash for me White head i think the other ferry landing was the best for me for pollock anyway... I got to go sain a weir on friday with a friend of mines uncle most fish i have ever seen at once 16.5 to 17 metric ton.. was given the royal tour of some great places for trout fishing and not in the two lakes. A brook is full of some biggin that never get fished..

I will be back...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts