New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so last summer i went fishing around Norrad bridge with my buddy from work who is a local. I was hearing that people have been pulling fish out of there pretty steadily so we parked and went up the river with no problems and talked to the fella that owns the camp and everything seemed fine( the camp is pretty far back from the water) . I hooked a fish and lost it and didnt have any luck after that. Next weekend we went to go fishing and we saw that there was a place in a tree where recently someone has sawed off a bunch of limbs and posted a sign that said "no fishing." It seemed a little "fishy" to me... I looked in the map book that you can get from the Atlantic Salmon Museum in Doaktown and there are no privately owned pools there (except for one on the lower part of the bridge) and the book shows that there is no water frontage owned?
The road that leads to the camp also leads to a boat access too... If no one owns up to the water could someone enter at the boat access and walk up the river getting there ankles wet and fish down?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Sounds like someone that just wants the stretch to themselves, see it all the time, even had a guide have the nerve to try and kick me out of a pool that I know for a FACT to be public, not a well known pool but more of a small deep run below a shallow sandbar.had a DFO officer point out to me the exact boundaries the weeknd before when they stopped to check my license, since the stretch does lie between to private owned stretches. I was alteast 200yrds from the private stretch and the guide told me it belonged to his salmon club, and if i didnt leave he was going to call DFO...my reponse being why isnt there any signs, and he can go ahead and call them but im going to continue to fish until they get tehre ...and after since its public...he never called and left shortly afterward. Chances are if its owned it will be marked with somethiung other than NO FISHING, usually has the owner or organization name on it if its legit..the only other thing may be someone may own the land where you are accessing but even then one would think the sign would say no trespaasing other than no fishing

·
Registered
260 Posts
I certainly Don't condone fishing On posted Water. But how many people have you seen Charged in the paper, do you know of someone personaly that has ever been charged? I think Not . There is so much craziness going on up there ....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
See the when you turn off the road it goes straight down to the water then there is turnoff to the right, when you follow that road to the right it goes into a clearing (perfect place to park) and then the camp is like 150-200 yards away. If your allowed to the boat access you should be able to go and fish at least down there correct?

·
Registered
4 Posts
From what I've heard and experienced the old fella that owns the camp also owns the water in front and the back channel, but usually allows people to fish. Problem is this summer he shut it down and stopping allowing people to fish because he was getting to much traffic and vechicles parking on his lawn and everythin else, just what I heard though, nothin concrete

1 - 11 of 11 Posts