New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
If you are using worm or nightcrawlers...don't just ball them up on the hook, sticking them over and over....I find threading them on like a needle works better..right up the line. It looks more natural to the fish..like it just fell in the water. Learned this years ago and have fished right beside someone who balls them up..and caught fish when they didn't. Of course..it could just be luck...lol

·
Registered
395 Posts
If you are using worm or nightcrawlers...don't just ball them up on the hook, sticking them over and over....I find threading them on like a needle works better..right up the line. It looks more natural to the fish..like it just fell in the water. Learned this years ago and have fished right beside someone who balls them up..and caught fish when they didn't. Of course..it could just be luck...lol
Agreed 100%! I'm doing the same and I find that I have more luck as well, but maybe it just my imagination

·
Banned
97 Posts
My dad used to put on about 6 crawlers, hooking them through the body once, some through the end, some in the middle, so it was a worm ball but there were also long danglers streaming from the hook. We would get some nice size fish this way, but not a lot of fish.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Another reason I thread nightcrawlers on the hook is for retrieves... it has action...many a time i have picked up my rod...slowly started reeling in and wham...a trout. I no longer just start reeling in as fast as possible to cast back out..I take my time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts