New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
I decided to go up to Quarryville today after the rain we had and looking at the water levels online. The rivers were raising and I was certain the water temps would be dropping. I arrived at 2:30 pm and fished the Renous above Quarryville. I knew the tide was high around noon which would cause some fish to run up river. I was all alone in the run and noticed a few fish jumping. I tried the Green Machine. Red head butterfly and the Black Bear hair. Then I went to a Blue Charm and finally hooked into a grilse. He came off after about 5 seconds. Then I hooked into another and landed that one and released it. Then a few guys showed up and one landed a grilse. I went through the run again and hooked into another but it came off within 5 seconds. They were not taking good. The water temp was 68 F on the Renous this afternoon.

I fished for another hour or so and the fishing got a bit slow so I walked down to the mouth of the Renous and was going to fish the rip on the Main Southwest but noticed only a few guys out front at the barr. It was about 8:30pm and the tide was due to be high around 11:00. So I decided to make a run through the pool. I let a husband and wife go in front of me as I fished the chub hole run first. I made it about half way and hooked into a really nice fish that was for sure pushing the 25 inch mark. I brought it in and released it after a few minutes of battle. A boat out front hooked into a grilse and landed it. One other guy at the end of the pool landed a grilse. I continued through the pool and hooked into a super fiesty grilse that took me way into my backing and jumped a few times. I was able to release this one also.

All fish hooke on a blue charm.

Total for the season 51 hooked and 35 landed. Incredible year!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Man, hearing your stories gets me pumped!!! It's 5:30 and I'm waiting for a buddy to pick me up very shortly. We're heading to Blackville for the weekend for some camping and fishing.

Hope it's good!

MC

·
Registered
64 Posts
Nice work again GM! You are on a tear!

On Friday July 22nd a buddy and I fished 66 Pool in Upper Blackville. Rose a few on a brown bomber but didn't hook any. There was only one other guy there at first, but shortly after a large group of six arrived. Because only two people can fish there at once, we left right after the 'bus' arrived (the other guy left too). Talk about monopolizing a pool. Went over to my friend's camp across from the Museum in Doaktown. Water was 69 degrees. Between 11am - 1pm the fishing was good. I hooked three in total. I hooked a gorgeous salmon and played it for five mins, tried to tail it once and missed so I snapped the leader to avoid playing it out. My friend and I estimate it at 35", or approx 20 pounds. Hooked and lost a grilse after playing it for a few mins. Hooked and released another grilse. All on white tail green machine. Heavy rain after that and we figured things would heat up, but the pool we fished was cloudy due to a nearby brook that was flooded out. Had a couple of tugs but nothing hooked.

We fished the same pool early Saturday morning. We were expecting great fishing because the water was 65 degrees and overcast. But neither of us hooked a thing. Nor did a group of three others who fished through the pool.

Came across a dead salmon 37" that looked like it had been in the river for a week.

My friend didn't have any luck this trip.

So that's 42 hooked at 19 landed so far this year. I'm heading to Thistle Club on Little Southwest for three days this week so hopefully will have some luck there.

Cheers!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts