New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im gonna be in Bathurst in early July.

Are there any good places to fish around there? Saltwater or fresh water.
I will be bringing my Kayak to fish from, so any launches will be killer too.

thanks all!!

·
Registered
132 Posts
do you know the nepisiquit river? would be a nice river to fish and kayak if you know the river.
it is a rocky river but the kayaking would be fun

·
Registered
26 Posts
I dont know anything about the water in that area.. ive been there quite a few times, but never with my fishing gear. (thats changing this year
)
Ill have to look it up. Is it Tidal or will I need to pick up a license?

What species of fish are in there?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats the thing.. i dunno whats up there.
thats the point of this thread.. to understand what i can target. and where to go to target them in that area.

·
Streamside Pro Staff ><(((*>
2,366 Posts
Hey John! JC here! Early in July you MIGHT be able to hook up with some mackerel, but they usually don't hit until mid July. Your best bet is to go after the trout, I guess. I've never fished that area either, but I hear the Nepisiguit is pretty good.
However, that IS in the Bay des Chaleurs which is part of the Atlantic Ocean, so I would suspect if you were do drop some bait you should be able to hook up with some kind of oceanic fish, be it cod, flounder, etc. At leat that would be the case in my home waters, about two hours south from there.

And by the way, I'm working on a saltwater yakfishing event with free camping on the dunes (beaches on the Northumberland Strait) sometime in August. Can you guys make it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts